It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• enlarged uterus help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2006, 07:17 AM   #1
    sweetness72
    (female)

sweetness72 HB User
    Exclamation enlarged uterus help!

I went to the doctor today for annual papsmear. She told me I have enlarged uterus. then proceeded to tell me I needed to get a utrasound to see what is up with it she said it may be fibroids or could be nothing. My question is has anyone else ever been told they have a enlarged uterus. what happened. I want to try to get pregnant again in about 6 months ( I have a 13 year old) is this going to make it difficult to get pregnant I am so worried about this now. Any advice to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated.

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
    sunnydaze1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunnydaze1 HB User
    Re: enlarged uterus help!

An enlarged uterus is very common; I have one myself. I'm loaded with fibroids and a huge polyp so I'm having a hysterectomy in a few months.

I assume you can still become pregnant though; not really sure. Maybe some others can give you insight.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
    dmmom
    (female)

dmmom HB User

Hi....Just wanted to let you know that I was also diagnosed many years ago with an enlarged uterus. I think it was before I was pregnant the second time, but not totally sure...sorry. Anyway, after my ob/gyn did the whole abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound he told me that it was nothing to worry about. He said that it was just normal for me. After he retired several years ago I went to a woman gyn for a couple of years and she never said anything about it so I thought maybe it really wasn't enlarged. Then I changed drs. a couple of months ago and first thing she said was, "Your uterus is enlarged so I would like to do an ultrasound (reg. and transvaginal) to make sure everything is okay. Also, because of the enlarged uterus she was not able to feel my ovaries so she wanted to make sure there were no problems there. Ultrasound results came back and showed a couple of fibroids plus polyps in the uterus so we are in the process of ruling out any serious issues. Hopefully, your ultrasound will be okay, but I really wouldn't worry too much about enlarged uterus....Apparently I have been living with it for 20+ years! Good luck to you!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
    sweetness72
    (female)

sweetness72 HB User

I am not certain but I believe I might have been told before that I had enlarged uterus from other doctors. I have had an ultra sound before because of heavy periods and it turned out fine. did you have any trouble conceiving your children did it take you a long time to conceive. I am so very worried about this I am 34 but getting married in June and would love to have a couple more kids as he does not have any yet. I have a 13 year old boy took me only 2 months to conceive him but I was 20 at the time. thanks so much for the responses. I just worry so much.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:25 AM   #5
    dmmom
    (female)

dmmom HB User

I'm glad your ultrasound turned out okay. Ironically, it took me a long time to conceive the first time, but the second time (which I think I was already told that I had an enlarged uterus) I got pregnant immediately so I guess it's just luck! Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are able to conceive as soon as you would like to. My thoughts are with you.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #6
    sweetness72
    (female)

sweetness72 HB User

well that ultra sound was actually years ago I have to go friday for another ultrasound due to the doctor saying I have an enlarged uterus during my exam yesterday. I am so so scared I went to the grocery today and I kept seeing babies all around and it made me sad to think of not having another one

Old 11-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #7
    sweetness72
    (female)

sweetness72 HB User

Update:

I went Friday nite and got my ultasound done the radiologist said my uterus was not enlarged and sometimes doctors feel things that arent there and that it happens he also said he did not see any fibroids or anything so good news for me. I was perplexed though I did not think radiologist were allowed to discuss that stuff with you they had to wait to give the results to the doctor then they discuss it with you but I am glad he told me

Old 11-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #8
    sunnydaze1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunnydaze1 HB User

I'm glad you got good news! Sometimes it depends on the technician. I've had some give me ultrasounds and not say a word, and then the one that actually works for my ob/gyn always tells me what she sees.

Now if it was the actual radiologist that told you this, then that was his findings and would relay it to your doctor. I've had tests for other areas of concern in my body and sometimes the radiologist will take the time to talk to me, and other times I'm told that my films will be read later and then results mailed to my doctor.

So, it just depends on the one who is giving the test and their own set of rules.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #9
    funwithepi
    (female)

funwithepi HB User

Did you have any symptoms before your annual exam? I was just wondering because I am going through something similar. I have been having symptoms for over 6 months...getting progressively worse. I also hadn't been to the gyno for 2 years. She found that my uterus was enlarged. I look pregnant too. I'm not. I have been having problems with pelvic pain and feeling uncomfortable like everything is squished. I'm constipated sometimes for 10 days yet when I go, nothing's hard. I have to pee a lot and sometimes have to pee several times in a row before I feel like I'm empty. I have cramps most of the time, longer periods and some spotting during my cycle. I also have this watery discharge throughout my cycle. I had an ultrasound, but it was fine. I had a ct scan and all they would say was there was no large mass found. I also had blood drawn on Saturday to check overall health and my hormone levels. Anyone have any of that? I'm glad it came out well for you. Just wondering if you or anyone else have had this. Thanks!

Old 11-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #10
    sweetness72
    (female)

sweetness72 HB User

no I have not have any symtoms. I skipped a period a month ago but my gyno told me sometimes women just do that I am sorry you are having so much trouble

Old 11-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
    dmmom
    (female)

dmmom HB User

So glad your tests were okay!!!! Good luck to you!

Old 11-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #12
    sweetness72
    (female)

sweetness72 HB User

Thank you so much only thing is I have a bladder infection now doctor said it could have happened from holding my pee so long for the ultrasound or it could have been caused by the procedure itself. *sighs* if its not one thing its another

Closed Thread