It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• anyone have one breast alot larger than the other????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
    ICC
    Inactive
    (female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
    anyone have one breast alot larger than the other????

since i went through menopause about 2 years ago i have noticed that my right breast is about 3 inches larger than my left. anyone else???? it is impossible to buy bras that are somewhat comfortable and i would love to know what causes this. my gyn has told me it's normal but i read an article the other day that said when women have one breast larger than the other they are more prone to breast cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2006, 04:51 AM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: anyone have one breast alot larger than the other????

If that article were true (which it isn't), then majority of women in the universe would have breast cancer. It's total BS. The FACT is that majority of women in the universe have one breast slightly larger than the other.

You'd have a hard time finding a woman with perfectly proprtioned breasts that never had any type of surgery to correct them. The FACT is that every woman, unless they had surgery, has some type of asymmetry in the size of their breasts, but some are more noticeable than others. Some are less noticeable.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:00 AM   #3
    marymk
    Veteran
    (female)

marymk HB User

Hi,

I did have surgery, and still have one breast larger than the other. I had a reduction about 15 years ago, and for quite a while I thought they were just perfect-LOL!!
    Then I had a child an gained some weight over the years - about 20 pounds and naturally gained weight in the breasts, and now have one slightly larger. I am also starting to go through menopuase - so this may also be causing a bit of a change. I'm still happy with the size, but a little irritated because I thought they'd always be 'perfect' - oh well!!!

Mary

Old 11-15-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
    Nicliz
    (female)

Nicliz HB User

My left brest is 2 cup sizes larger than my right. This is due to a scar down the middle of my chest because of a heart operation i had when i was 5. The scar just goes onto my right breast and my doctors all believe that it was because of this scar that my breast hasnt grown as fully as the other. However i have been told that i will be able to have surgery to even them out when i turn 21 on the NHS so heres hoping. Buying bras is a pain in the *** i cant wait to have them evened

Old 04-12-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
    kayla126
    (female)

kayla126 HB User

I have had a big difference in the sizes of my breasts since i started to develope. My right breast is a size small B and my left is a size full C. I dont like my breasts the way they are but i have accepted the fact that i cant change them unless i have surgery and i would rather not go that route. Ever since i can remember i have had to pad the right breast in order for them to look the same size, but i can't wear lowcut shirts because someone could easily see down my shirt and see the difference. Before i started padding my bras i could never wear girly shirts it always had to be loose t-shirts or sweatshirts because i was too self conscience and didnt want anyone to notice. I felt that i was different than other girls in my school and i never belonged. Because of my difference in breast size i have been less social and boyfriends had always seemed too far fetched of an idea back in school. Im 19 years old now have a boyfriend that accepts me for who i am. I was so nervous and scared to tell him about my breasts but i knew i had to say something before our relationship could ever amount to anything. My point is that just because you have different sized breasts doesnt mean that you are inferior to other women with even sized breasts, you just have to live life to its fullest and try not to be so self conscience about it.

Some tips i have discovered over the years in padding bras and bathing suits are:

buy water bras that have the removable water pads that way you can put the water pads in one side or the other

buy a cilicon insert and put it in the side with the smaller breast if you are worried about the insert falling out or moving you can always cut a slit in the bras backing and place inside (only works if bra has a loose cloth backing)

For bathing suits you can do the same just buy an insert and you can sew it in one side or the other to reduce risk of an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction if bathing suit doesnt have a loose cloth backing then you can always sew one on yourself.

Hopefully some of my tips will help you and if anyone else has any tips that i havent mentioned please do so!!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 AM   #6
    ICC
    Inactive
    (female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

Hi all........Ok so this is normal. That was my biggest concern. I have found bras that I like and have a little stretch so they're much more comfortable. I was curious as they were always the same size until I reached my late 40's, had a benign tumor removed from the smaller one. Just curious. But all your answers saying it's normal have put my fesrs to rest. Thank you.

ICC

Closed Thread