It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Painful swollen lymphnode??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
    djl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
    Question Painful swollen lymphnode??

Hi everyone
    I dont know if I am posting in the right area, but I will give it a try.
    This has shappened to me before, well sort of. I have dealt for years, I realy dont know exactly how long, but I would get every once in a while in my underarm arm area usualy only on my right underarm what I think it is a swollen lymphnode. It would also be painful. It hurt to even where my bra at times. It would also be painful to the touch or even just to put my arm to the side of me. I thought it was a hormonal thing because I thought it had to do with my period.

This would only happen once, twice very rarely 3 times a year.

I am now 41, and had a hyster everything removed but my cervix in may 2005. This did happen to me again last year, but i blew it off. Well, it happened again over the weekend, actualy I noticed it new years eve. It was realy bothering me, I was real uncomfortable. When I went home I got undresses and raised my right arm up, and my god did I freak out !! I actualy saw the lump. It was HUGE I never seen it like this..never this big...I yelled to my DH and he was checking me and he couldnt belive the size of this. I hurt like when you touched it too.

Today the swelling has gone down drasticaly and is just somewhat sore. I did call my GP and they want to see me tomorow morning.

What could this be??? has this happened to anyone else?? Could this be hormonal?? Another factor I have is that I am also almost 5 weeks post-op from Nurosurgery in my neck. Could that be a factor?? I menatly feel better since it whent down so I am gussing it does not have to do whith my breasts..God I hope not.
    I am scared and still freaked out about this

Any input would be appriciated..
    Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
    bluekat62
    (female)

bluekat62 HB User
    Re: Painful swollen lymphnode??

hi djl, you dont know me but I found your posts becuz I did a search on herniated discs... and one of your posts came up thru that.. regarding.... pelvic pain! i am going thru same exact thing that you did , I believe.... I am tired tonight to read all of ur posts regarding it, ... my name is Kathy, im 44 yo.. and am dealing with fibroids.. and now severe lower back pain .. pain in pelvic area same as in back on left side... getting the run around by doctors , would like to explain all of it to you and get advice fromyou... PLEASE.... if you dont want to that is ok, but I hope you will let me.... thank you

Last edited by moderator2; 01-03-2007 at 06:35 AM. Reason: ignoring the posting rules

Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
    djl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Hi
    I understand what you are going through. Do you have heavy bleeding from your fibroids?? Tell me all your symptoms

Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
    SentenceDoing
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SentenceDoing HB User

It's probably a swollen lymph node. They are located in your armpits as well as in your neck and groin area. It could be swelling up from an infection or a virus.
    My armpit lymph nodes have been flaring up a lot lately, and my doctor thinks it's because I'm having bouts with Epsten-Barr Virus (which was positive in my blood tests). If I take multi-vitamins for a couple of days, the swelling under my arms goes down.

Last edited by SentenceDoing; 01-05-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Closed Thread