It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Third Nipple Concerns

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
    Acidic6Tearstig
    (female)

Acidic6Tearstig HB User
    Question Third Nipple Concerns

Not sure where the appropriate place would be to post this so here...
    I was born with a supernumerary nipple but the doctors said it would most likely never grow into anything more than a slightly raised bump or even just a spot that looks like a scar. Eighteen years later though i'm realizing that not only has it formed into an actual nipple, but it is forming breast tissue beneath it. So not only is my right breast slightly larger, but it is also deformed. Towards the bottom it is not round like the left, it sort of "slopes". The visual effect of it wouldn't be that much of an issue for me to deal with, but the problem is that when I wear a bra, since that side "slopes" it ends up pinching the third nipple causing alot of discomfort. My question is, has anyone else had problems with this? Also, since it is causing discomfort, would there be a possibility of being able to have insurance covering the cost of having it removed? I would ask my doctor about this but it's harder than hell to get ahold of him, and even harder to get out to see him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
    cindy540
    (female)

cindy540 HB User
    Re: Third Nipple Concerns

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Acidic6Tearstig View Post
    Not sure where the appropriate place would be to post this so here...
    I was born with a supernumerary nipple but the doctors said it would most likely never grow into anything more than a slightly raised bump or even just a spot that looks like a scar. Eighteen years later though i'm realizing that not only has it formed into an actual nipple, but it is forming breast tissue beneath it. So not only is my right breast slightly larger, but it is also deformed. Towards the bottom it is not round like the left, it sort of "slopes". The visual effect of it wouldn't be that much of an issue for me to deal with, but the problem is that when I wear a bra, since that side "slopes" it ends up pinching the third nipple causing alot of discomfort. My question is, has anyone else had problems with this? Also, since it is causing discomfort, would there be a possibility of being able to have insurance covering the cost of having it removed? I would ask my doctor about this but it's harder than hell to get ahold of him, and even harder to get out to see him.

I also have a 3rd nipple on my right side but it looks like a bump/scar. never had problems with it. even tho it's hard to get ahold of your doctor just try. i'm not sure if insurance will cover it. good luck.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
    besafe20
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

besafe20 HB User

I had one of these I just got removed in June. It was right below my right nipple and it wasn't too big of a deal since you couldn't see it unless I kind of lifted my breast up. But I really wasn't happy with it. I had it checked by a doctor who said there were not any glands or real tissue beneath it. I went to a plastic surgeon who removed it for 125.00 which wasn't bad in my opinion. It would have been more but the doctor and I felt it wasn't necessary to have it sent off to the lab to have it tested for cancers ect.. That is normally a requirement when you get anything removed. I have a scar that is maybe an inch long but not bad at all. I am very happy with the decision to get it off.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
    Acidic6Tearstig
    (female)

Acidic6Tearstig HB User

Hmm... That's not that bad of a price. I'm ok with the nipple itself being there, it just gets uncomfortable when the lower part of your boob goes numb and tingly. lol Umm... another question, are you able to keep it?

Old 02-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
    akfr0zen
    (male)

akfr0zen HB User

I know a lady that ins paid for her tummy tuck because she had a huge rash that wouldn't go away under the excess skin, because it was painful, I bet there is a chance that ins. would cover it, since it causes you pain.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:46 AM   #6
    Acidic6Tearstig
    (female)

Acidic6Tearstig HB User

hmm... Maybe there is hope then. I still haven't been able to get to the doctors yet and my insurance isn't activated atm but i'm deffently(sp?) going to look into it.

Closed Thread