It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Tenderness during pelvic exam

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
    ncyky
    (female)

ncyky HB User
    Tenderness during pelvic exam

Ladies,

Have any of you ever experience tenderness when your GYN stuck their finger in you and presses on your abdomen during your pelvic exam . Well during the last year or so, I had to visit to the GYN because I spot 3 more days right after my period ends and it was quite painful during examination. It's like I have a period for 10 days. My GYN thought that I might have some pelvic inflammation and gave me a prescription. Well it hasn't worked and I taken it on 2 different occassions. So she now wants to give me a D&C. Long story short, I had to have a leep done just 2 1/2 years ago because right after I had my daughter, during my 6 week check up my pap smear came back abnormal due to dysplagia...stage 3. Ever since then I have had pap smears every 6 months and all is fine there, but now she thinks that something could be going on in my uterus. I already have a small fibriod which was seen during pregnancy and during a pelvic ultrasound done just last year. I don't spot any other time except right after my period should be ending..it stays for another 3 days. (spotting only) and the color is dark red..sometimes almost brown and with a mild odor. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here???

P.S I had a tubal ligation during my C-section almost 3 years ago. Wonder if this could have anything to do with it. Never had this problem until after I had my daughter.

Last edited by ncyky; 06-25-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
    abigail09
    (female)

abigail09 HB User
    Re: Tenderness during pelvic exam

Hi ncyky,

I'm sorry to hear you are having so much trouble, and I know how frustrating it can be to not get any answers.

My first thought was to tell you it sounds like an infection. I was just recently diagnosed with having a "chronic infection" in my uterus. But I re-read your post and saw that you have been treated for that already. Did your Dr ever do any biopsies of your uterus? That is what I just had done and how they found the infection. I do not have any spotting, just terribly painful periods and heavy bleeding. My reg gyn suspects endometriosis so I was referred to a surgeon. At my first appt she did an extensive pelvic exam. This was nothing like the regular one. I swear her whole arm was inside me and she was pushing on my stomach. The pain was unbearable, I was sweating buckets and literally screaming. Because of how much pain it caused she suggested doing the biopsies. She did not believe that endo alone was causing that much pain and tenderness... and turns out she was right. I could not believe I would have an infection with no typical signs (fever etc). She's prescribed two different antibiotics to take for two weeks. I'm hoping this helps.

Just another thought... could it simply be the fibroid? My dr. also performed a hysteroscopy on me to look for fibroids or cysts. I did not have either, but I think they can cause irregular bleeding. Maybe you should have it removed?

I hope you get some answers soon and get to feeling better. keep us updated.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
    ncyky
    (female)

ncyky HB User
    Re: Tenderness during pelvic exam

Abigal..thanks so much for replying to my posts. I did have a couple of biopsies of the cervix over 2 years ago and this is what prompted the Leep surgery that I had to remove the dysplagia from my cervix and thus far all of my pap smears have been coming back fine. My GYN believes it might just be an infection due to the tenderness upon examination and due to the spotting right after my period ends. Well it really just seems that I have a period for 10 days instead of the usual 7. She figured that since I had dysplagia in the cervix almost 3 years ago, that it probably would be best to do a D&C just to make sure. I'm hoping it is just an infection or just spotting from the fibriod. Perhaps I just might need to take a different antibotic and this post menstrual spotting will be history.

Well I'm scheduled to have the D&C on July 9th, but I'm also going to have my period that time as well. The nurse said that as long as I'm not bleeding much that my GYN can still perform the D&C..but I prefer to wait when the period is over, but she claims that they are booked solid for the next few weeks which I'm sure is a bunch of yadayada. Nevertheless, I just want to get this over with!

Thanks a million for responding! I appreciate that! I was afraid that I was the only woman with this issue since no one else had replied.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread