It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• possible fibroid?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-25-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
    pleaseread
    (female)

pleaseread HB User
    Question possible fibroid?

I had a post before, but reading more into the possibility of fibroids I had a few questions.
    For the last 2 months my period has been longer than usual. Not so much heavier than usual, but I noticed the blood seems more bright red than normal when I have my period.
    Last month my period lasted for about 10-11 days. This month I got my period on the 13th, seemed to go away yesterday-no bleeding. Well, today I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was bright red blood again. and I did notice a small blood clot. I had to borrow a tampon, but when I changed tampons a few hours later there wasnt much bleeding. Now that I am home, there is no bleeding at all.
    My periods usually only last 5-6 days at the most. I am not on any birth control and have not been on any for years. I know I am not pregnant (no chance of it).
    What is going on? I am very very tired lately, but thats nothing new with me (I have hypothyroidism, but havent had that checked in awhile, so going to make an appt for that as I am taking synthroid, but a very low dose of it).
    I have no pelvic pain or any other symptoms. I felt bloated before my period started, but that was about it.
    Help me please! Any advice?

Last edited by pleaseread; 07-25-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
    Re: possible fibroid?

The only way to know if you have fibroids is if you can physically feel them, or have an ultrasound. You can't tell just from the kind of period you have, you'd just be guessing.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
    pleaseread
    (female)

pleaseread HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thisby View Post
    The only way to know if you have fibroids is if you can physically feel them, or have an ultrasound. You can't tell just from the kind of period you have, you'd just be guessing.
    How could you physically feel them? I wouldnt even know where to feel for them.
    The only other changes in my life is that I recently lost about 24 plus pounds over the 2 months when my period began going crazy, but that is because I have been dieting and exercising. Could a weight loss effect your period that much?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
    drupe56
    (female)

drupe56 HB User

I have a fibroid the size of a grapefruit. The last time I was at the GYN he showed me where it was. It is on the right side of my pelvic area. I have to be really relaxed and kind of press firmly to feel mine. It will out of there come August 27th.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
    FromSqueaky
    Inactive
    (female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I have 3. They were found during an exam after my follow up from the colposcopy 5 months ago. Since that time I know they have grown cause it makes me think I have to urinate all the time, my lower abs protrude, I have pain during sex and I have heavy blood flow and large blood clots during my period.
    I have been using progesterone cream to try and stop/reduce the swelling and growth of them. I am on BCP and use the cream too but it is not recommended and the directions say not to combine the 2 but I have nothing to loose at this point since my hormones are already in total disarray so I'm giving it a try.

If I would not have gotten the ultra sound I would have assumed it was a cyst. Without an ultra sound you really so not know if you have one or not. I do not have insurance so it cost me $100. My doctor OBGYN gives me a discount if I pay in full up front.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
    LibraryAnn
    (female)

LibraryAnn HB User

Get your thyroid levels checked again. You might need more Synthroid.

The periods you described are very much like the ones I had before I found out I needed higher doses of Synthroid.

It could be something else entirely, but since you already know you're hypothyroid, that's probably the most likely cause.

(Not a doctor, just very well-read on my own health disorders.)

Old 07-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
    pleaseread
    (female)

pleaseread HB User

thank you so much everyone! I am definately going to get my thyroid checked again, because I am on the lowest dose and I am still very sluggish and tired and have no energy.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
    hearts7773
    (female)

hearts7773 HB User

Hello, i had the same problems as you did, i found out that we don,t have to suffer any more, the best part is you can take my advice or not, but, i beg you to research this , you see 72 % of american's are magnesium-deficient ther is more than 300 illness and diseases including Cancer caused from
    Magnesium-deficiency I am one of those americans I suffered with PMS,
    endometriosis, fibroid cyst, had hystorectomy at age of 25 afterward major
    hormone problems, 3 years later developed gall badder problems, liver problems, migrain headaches, muscle weakness, severe muscle spasams high blood pressure, heart problems, severe diabetes glucose level was 500, tried every treatment possiable, I thought I was dying a slow death,and I was, then one night my husband had a heart attack, he was in the hospital for 3 days before the Doctor's did a test to, check for mineral dificiency in my husband sure enogh he was depleted completely of Potassium and Magnesium, he was dying because of a mineral deficiency, so they pumped him full of potassium and magnesium and he came home from, the hospital after 7 days and now has to take potassium and magnesium daily, So, after that happened I went to the Doctor for my self and ask my Doctor to do a Mineral dificiency test on me guess what I too was deficient in potassium and
    magnesium, I have been taking it for 1 year now, no more problems i still have diabetes, but, it is under control, no more hormone problems either, and i was able to help, my niece she is 19 and was going to have to have a historectomy at age 19 get real, i told her about me and my past problems, she ask her, Doctor to do the mineral dificiency test on her, sure enough, she was also dificient, she srarted taking magnesium oxide and potassium no more problems, and she now has two boys ages 1 and 2. I would like you to do the research ,talk to your Doctor ask him to do a Mineral dificiency test on you. It could save your life.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-26-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread