It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• does cervicitis go away on its own

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
    ridlingb
    (female)

ridlingb HB User
    does cervicitis go away on its own

i was diagnosed with cervicitis 7 days agao, and i just finished up with my antibiotics this morning. i still have a few symptoms, though. odor and some discharge. i just want to know if they will go away on their own now that i've been treated, or if i have to go back to the doctor and get additional treatment.

and, i only have cervicitis. it was not caused by an std like chlamydia or any other condition. just the cervicitis.

also, i've heard about untreated cervicitis causinf p.i.d. and cervical cancer, but how often does that actually happen? i've heard of it causing infertility, too, although i never want kids so it doesn't matter to me. still, how often does cervicitis cause infertility?

Last edited by ridlingb; 11-12-2007 at 02:10 PM. Reason: more details

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
    wyldflwr623
    (female)

wyldflwr623 HB User
    Re: does cervicitis go away on its own

Since you pointed out that you do not have any STD's, then your cervicitis would be classified as 'nonspecific bacterial'. As a result, the antibiotics that your doctor gave you are to help lower the numbers of 'bad' bacteria surrounding your cervix and to allow your body the chance to fight the infection off on its own. If you still have some residual symptoms, give it a few more days of proper care. If you don't feel or see any improvement, then go ahead and call your doctor.

Cervicitis can lead to PID and other diseases and infertility but often times it is in cases where it has been left untreated. Without proper medical attention, cervicitis can run rampant in the body but you seem to have a good handle on your body and you have sought treatment. You shouldn't have to worry about any of the above problems.

Closed Thread