It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• How many Cesarean Births are allowed?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
    Lotus_Blossom
    Inactive
    (female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
    Question How many Cesarean Births are allowed?

A Sister Friend told me a Woman who can't deliver Vaginally is only allowed 3 Births via Cesarean.I've not been told by Gynecologists or read through reading.I have Spinal problems (Degenerative Disc Disease and a slight curvature) and a former Gyne told me I would be on complete bed rest during last trimester and would require C-section.He didn't tell me how many Pregnancies or C-sections I was allowed.I don't think this is accurate.Could someone clear the air about this?I do not believe in Contraceptives and neither does my Fiance.

Thank you,
    Lotus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
    2005&2007
    (female)

2005&2007 HB User
    Re: How many Cesarean Births are allowed?

It depends on your Dr really. If you talk to your Dr after the first C-Section s/he can tell you. It depends on the condition of you uterus and the risk level of your pregnancy.

I had my first daughter via CS because she was breech and my second RCS because I didn't want a VBAC. I had easy pregnancies with no risks. My Dr told me four babies, but I am done with two because of bicornuate uterus and endomitriosis.

My friend had a higher risk due to being obese and gestational diabetes. Her Dr told her only three.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I have a friend who had 4 c-sections. Her last one caused her a lot of pain and took forever to heal!

Old 01-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
    lorieann33
    (female)

lorieann33 HB User

hello,

just wanted to add my own personal experience. i have five kids...all born by c-section. for a variety of reasons...i have ddd scolosis and kyphosis...disc problems...but just wanted to let you know that.

the last c-section was hardest...because they did the up and down cut instead of the bikini cut....
    including the c-sections, i have had a total of 10 abdominal surguries. if you have any specific questions, ask. don't hesitate.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
    keisha314
    (female)

keisha314 HB User

It depends on the doctor. I've had 4 cs and my doctor still wouldn't tie my tubes, because my husband wouldn't sign the papers. My doctor just told us to space them out because I got pregnant with my third son, when my second son was 4 months old. Then a year later, I got pregnant with my fourth son.

Closed Thread