It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• cryotherapy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
    dancergal19
    Veteran
    (female)

dancergal19 HB User
    cryotherapy

I had cryotherapy to remove abnormal cervical cells almost three weeks ago. My dr said I would experience discharge and cramping for the next few weeks. I never had any discharge or cramping whatsoever. I was also told not to have sex or use tampons for the first 2-3 weeks. I just got my period today and hate not using tampons but I'm worried that I shouldn't use one because there was never any removal of the dead cervix cells and I don't want to cause any problems. Has anyone else had this procedure and do you think it would be okay to use tampons? I also think it's very weird I never had any discharge or cramping after the procedure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
    starissa
    (female)

starissa HB User
    Re: cryotherapy

i have had a cryo done twice and awful cramping for a couple weeks after and minor bleeding. Im not a tampon fan so im not sure but i was told no sex for 4 weeks after mine, I would just call the doctor and ask cant hurt

Old 04-08-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
    nerak2002
    (female)

nerak2002 HB User

does the cryotherapy procedure hurt? im terrified and have to have it done this month...please let me know!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
    dancergal19
    Veteran
    (female)

dancergal19 HB User

nerak - the procedure didn't hurt one bit. the speculum was a little uncomfortable but the actual cryotherapy just felt like cold air on your cervix. don't be scared, it's really not bad at all! And like i mentioned before, I didn't have any pain or cramping afterwards, but everyone is different.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

don't use a tampon, the cells will sluff off your cervix and they need to be able to come out.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
    Reyne
    (female)

Reyne HB User

I had it done twice also...no tampons. I am not a pad girl either and that was the worst part of cryo for me.

I did not have much cramping either, just hated wearing a pad. My procedure was done in the summer...that was terrible time.

Closed Thread