It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• what kind of pads to wear after novasure is done?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User
    Angry what kind of pads to wear after novasure is done?

on my paper for the hospital they say not to wear and plastic back or sticky pads so what kind do you buy? i tried to look for the old ones and couldnt find any besides reusable ones on line yuck! thanks charlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: what kind of pads to wear after novasure is done?

Hey girlfriend...I cant believe that your paperwork said that. Mine talked about no sex, no tampons and no hot baths....however, I will tell you that I used good old regular stick back pads and panty liners the entire time I was bleeding- which was a good 2 weeks on and off followed by another 3 weeks of spotting on and off...and I had no problems at all.
    In fact, I saw my doc today- it was 2 months since my surgery and he is very pleased with everything that is happening to me.....I had some spotting and light period last month, and so far this month, nothing....I have absolutely NO IDEA where I am in my cycle, since I had been on birth control pills (continuous) and hadnt had a period in 3 months prior to my surgery- but to tell the truth, I feel great.

I dont know why they wrote that on your paper, and of course you can call the outpatient place where you had it done, or call your GYN, but honestly, I used them and had no problems at all....it makes sense NOT to use tampons, youve got to heal that lining..but pads with sticky backs? I cant fathom that one...
    Let us know if you get a reason for that..
    Nikki

Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
    microwave
    Veteran
    (female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

My paperwork and doctor didn't say a thing about sticky back pads. I don't think you could find them anymore anyway! I had my procedure one week ago. I'm still using regular absorbancy pads with wings for and it looks like I'll be down to pantiliners next week (week 2). My surgery was 6 days ago and I'm no longer bleeding, it's just a discharge now.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

thanks guys for the replies i was just thinking that maybe the plastic makes you sweat and there is a higher rate of infection from them i use stayfree ultra thin with wings but the paper also said no scented and they have some kind of smell i guess ill have to ask someone hugs charlene

Closed Thread