It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• My Novasure/endometrial ablation experience

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #61
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User
    Re: My Novasure/endometrial ablation experience

i just read that it can take 6 to 12 months for your period to slow down totally after novasure and there is still a chance that one day we will never bleed again yeah

Last edited by neffie663; 05-13-2008 at 06:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #62
    microwave
    Veteran
    (female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I have a feeling that I will continue to have a period: it will just be lighter and shorter. But, since the goal of the Novasure was to stop the horribly heavy bleeding, I'm happy with the results!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #63
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

im bleeding heavier than i was yesterday but it is still a little lighter than before i read that it can take 6 months or more to see the final outcome since it takes awhile for all the scar tissue to form i really wish my dr would have told me this so i didnt get my hopes up of never seeing a period again lol let me know in afew days how your doing

Old 05-13-2008, 06:54 AM   #64
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

microwave how long was your period? mine ended at about 5 days but i only spotted once in the morning so really 4 i guess i had some bad cramping though for a few days

Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #65
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hey Charlene and Microwave...how are you both doing? I thought Id surprise you with this one...you both know my story. Well, 4.5 months past my NovaSure- I bled like stuck pig for the first 3 months...bled only slightly less month 4..right about now, I should be having my period. I have all the cramps- I have the mood swings and irritability- I even feel bloated. BUT NO BLOOD. I have absolutely no idea what is going on with my body! Its funny, too, because my doc gave me a script for blood work, told me to have it drawn at least 2 days after my next period...and Im not even sure if Im going to get it.

After all these complications and all the PRAYING that the bleeding would stop- (forever, right charlene?) I am now in a complete quandry about whether this is a novasure thing- and its finally stopped- or if Im just having an off month- (maybe its going to be an every other month thing, depending on which ovary?) or whether Im going to wake up bleeding heavily in the AM tomorrow?! I mean, this is horrible, the wait and see! Im tired of bleeding and now that Im expecting to- Im not...

And, to think ,it was less than a month ago, we were talking hysterectomy! This is crazy.
    Im glad to hear both of you are recovering well...
    hugs
    Nikki

Old 05-13-2008, 07:07 PM   #66
    microwave
    Veteran
    (female)

Nikki - hooray for you! I hope this non-period keeps up and you get the relief you need.

Charlene - at 8 weeks and 6 days after the Novasure, I had my first period since it had been done:

~2 days before it started I had cramps, so I had a clue it was coming.
    ~The first day, I had really bad cramps. (so bad I took a left over Vicodin from the surgery). But, I only had a pinkish discharge. (I still count it as day one because of the pinkish color in the discharge, showing there was blood present).
    ~On day two, I bled for about 3-4 hours in the morning (still pretty light, a regular tampon lasted the whole time) and then just had a light pinkish/brownish discharge for the rest of the day. I also had mild cramps.
    ~Day three was light pinkish/brownish discharge with mild cramps.
    ~Day four - same as day three.
    That was it!

Day five I had some mild cramps, and again on day six, but that's all. No more bleeding or discharge after day four.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #67
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

nikki how great is that for you! i hope it continues on ive just kept on reading since ive had this done i still havent stopped i found a women yesterday that bled for the first 8 months after novasure now she has nothing so there is hope
    microwave it sound like our periods where almost the same i usually have to get up 3 to 4x a night for 2 days during other wise there would be blood everywhere
    glen GOOD LUCK

Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #68
    mcmcolospgs
    (female)

mcmcolospgs HB User

Hi again ladies. I have been hesitant to post again because I have been waiting for something noteworthy to write about. I am happy to report that after my last posting, I have not had a period (and it was due last week according to the schedule my body has been on for the past year or so). I had cramps toward the end of last week and the PMS was for sure around but no discharge, no blood, nothing. I am "cautiously optimistic," as they say!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 05-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #69
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

my first period was due shortly after the ablation 10 later i believe i only had cramping then one dot of blood. it was the next one after that i bled some. i am happy for you though that is great! they do say more than 50% never see blood again .

Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #70
    mcmcolospgs
    (female)

mcmcolospgs HB User

I spoke too soon!

Today, spotting started, no cramps though. I'm so bummed. I guess I'll wait and see how this goes before I form an official opinion!!

Old 05-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #71
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

bummer but there is still time to wait out so hang in there your not alone

Old 05-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #72
    nowwhat2008
    (female)

nowwhat2008 HB User

Hi All,

I just found this board and want to share my experience. I have had long, heavy periods for about five years now. I had a Novasure procedure performed in November 2007. For a while, things were better but now, they're worse than ever. Eventhough I take bcp and have for years, I'm on week 5 of my period. My gyn and his nurse keep pushing for a hysterectory. At nearly 49, I think I'm too close to menopause to put my body through that. For now, I'm trying an even stronger bcp and will hope for the best. I'm not sure where we go from here. If you've had this procedure and are happy with the results, consider yourself blessed. For me, it was a waste of time and money.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #73
    microwave
    Veteran
    (female)

UPDATE: It's now been 2 months, 3 weeks since the Novasure, and I'm having mixed results:

Good: The bleeding is manageable now, not super heavy or with clots like before.

Bad: I'm having them every 2 weeks, when they were once a month before. Also, I now have such severe cramps the second day of my period, they kill me and send me to bed. I get nauseauted and end up vomiting. ugh I hope this doesn't continue for long!

Hopefully, my body is still adjusting and this will all straighten out soon.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:14 AM   #74
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

its probably just hormones theyll be screwed up for awhile im not due till around the 10th of june but the pain i got last month was bad for 4 days it was pain with the cramps so im hoping it will be better this month

Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #75
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

microwave, i hope things settle down for you soon. For me, its been 4 months this week since my ablation. I think ive bled more than I did before the surgery...I do get my period every few days now...but twice a month, I bleed for at least a week straight- no clotts or heavy stuff, but enough to drive me over the edge!Im also having severe cramping...
    whats next? And why did I do this to myself? I have a feeling the hysterectomy would have been easier!

Closed Thread