It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Yeast Infection & Cervicitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
    sammy204
    (female)

sammy204 HB User
    Yeast Infection & Cervicitis

Well, I have had 4 yeast infections within the last three months... I treated with monistat for the first 3 times and it worked but they always came back. I finally went to a clinic and was diagnosed with the yeast infection AND cervicitis.

They gave me terazol 7 for the yeast infection and doxycycline for cervicitis... but I am a little concerned if the antibiotic will prevent the terazol from working? Since antibiotics are known to actually cause yeast infections?

And I didn't take this into consideration before but I'm thinking I gave it to my boyfriend the first time I got the infection and then everytime I get better he passes it back to me hence the reason I keep getting the infection. That could be a theory.. so he's going to get tested too sometime, but I'm also wondering, since cervicitis is also contagious, how would he be diagnosed with that? Or treated? Cause I thought only females could get cervicitis? Or do they just call it a different name?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Yeast Infection & Cervicitis

If you stay on yeast treatment for a few days after the antibiotic is done, that should reduce the chance of getting yeast again.

Definitely, do not have sex while you are being treated. The physical irritation can make things worse. Do not have sex without a condom until your boyfriend has been tested also, to avoid passing yeast back and forth.

Whether the cervicitis could spread to him depends on the cause. It could be related to an STD such as gonorrhea, in which case he could definitely have it.

Bottom line: get him tested. And find out why you had cervicitis.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
    sammy204
    (female)

sammy204 HB User
    Re: Yeast Infection & Cervicitis

well i was tested for STD's too and it came back negative so I'm pretty sure the cause was from the yeast infection...

but yeah i completed both treatments and so far so good.

thanks for your help!

Last edited by sammy204; 08-19-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Closed Thread