It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• does thickening uterus always mean cancer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
    bonitann
    (female)

bonitann HB User
    does thickening uterus always mean cancer

does thickening uterus always mean cancer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
    lynn1961
    (female)

lynn1961 HB User
    Re: does thickening uterus always mean cancer

Hita Bonitann,

No, it doesnot always mean cancer. I just had a endometrial ablation due to my lining being too thick. The first thing a doctor normally does is a biopsy though. It can be a sign of cancer but it is not always the case. Your lining can become thickened from several different reasons. Polyp's and fibroids being 2. I started bleeding very heavy long periods. That is when I went to my gyno doctor and she did a biopsy that day and then ordered blood work and a pelvic and vaginal ultrsound. All my blood work came back ok <hormones, thyroid ect> The ultrasounds revealed a thicked lining and fibroids.That is when my doctor suggested doing a hysterscopy, D & C and the ablation. I had that done oct. 16. I donot know as of yet if it is going to work for me because I am still bleeding. My doctor did tell me that 30% of women will go on to have a hysterectomy. I think doctors become a little more concerned if a woman's lining is thickened after menopause. I am 47 and have not went through menopause yet. i hope this helps you....

LYNN

Closed Thread