It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Very frequent spotting, cramping.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
    AmberE
    (female)

AmberE HB User
    Unhappy Very frequent spotting, cramping.

I have been spotting for about 4 months now, and it is getting REALLY upsetting.
    At first, I thought it was my birth control. I was on Ortho Tricyclen and I would start to spot about halfway through the pack, and it would continue on until I got my withdrawal bleed during the placebo week. I read that this was fairly common, so I let it go for 3 months before I went to see my doctor. The third month of spotting was also accompanied by cramping.
    The doctor said it could definitely be the pill, and that once you are on one for a long time (I was on the ortho for about 2 years with no problems) it is not uncommon to start experiencing problems.
    She gave me a prescription for Yasmin.
    I had my withdrawal bleed from the ortho and started taking the Yasmin on the day that I would normally start a new pack.
    I have had very very light cramping since my period that has not gone away. I took my 6th pill yesterday, and this morning I was surprised with more cramping and spotting.
    I'm beginning to worry it may not be the pill and may be something more serious.
    What could it be?
    I can't get to the doctor until monday and need peace of mind!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread