It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• cervicitis?!?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
    summer485
    (female)

summer485 HB User
    cervicitis?!?

i really want to know more about whats goin on with me

i was having alot of discharge and it seemed to be very sour..when i went to the doctor, they told me i had bacterial vaginosis and prescribed me to flagyll or something with the chemical name starting with mend-

i took the medicine and am now having more discharge then before, when the doctor did my pelvic exam the first time, it hurt alot around my cervix..and so i am lead to believe i have cervicitis

i have only had sex once and a condom was used. it hurt alot around my cervix having sex but not so much that i couldnt continue. now i am lead to believe i have cervicitis caused by the bacterial vaginosis and NOT by an std which is the cause of most cervicitis. I do not have any stds.

if i took medicine to kill the bacteria which i beleive to have caused this pain in the first place, shouldnt this pain have gone away? please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
    Dorkster
    (female)

Dorkster HB User
    Re: cervicitis?!?

I can let you know that the exact cause for BV isn't known. Pretty much what BV is, if your doctor didn't explain it to you, is an overgrowth of the bacteria in the vagina. Because there are multiple bacteria in there, it's really hard to determine what kind it is. The flagyl should have helped, as it is an antibiotic, which kills bacteria.

If you feel this way, I highly recommend paying a visit to your OBGYN before it gets worse. Better off safe than sorry.

Best of luck, dearie!

Closed Thread