It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Constant Pain... all normal test results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
    rshcraig
    (female)

rshcraig HB User
    Constant Pain... all normal test results

For the past 4 days now, I am in nearly constant pain of varying degrees. Its mostly in my right side lower abdomen/pelvic area, hip and lower back but also a general achy and sore feeling in my entire right side of my belly. I was advised to go to the er Saturday night on fear of appendicitis or kidney stones, but everything came back normal (blood tests and ct scans). I have no insurance but am trying to get into a low cost clinic currently. It just hurts so bad all the time and nothing helps it. Standing at work hurts. Sitting here at the computer hurts. Lying in bed hurts. Sometimes the pain will ease up and I think its getting better but it just comes and goes and I can't find any rhyme or reason to it, nothing consistant that I can say is why the pain goes away. But it never goes away fully for long, just like 5 or 10 minutes. Then there are long periods of time that can pass when its just dull pain that I can life with. And then the sharp stabbing pain comes. I don't know what to do or how to help it. The ER doc prescribed my ibuprofin 800mg and bentyl 20mg and told me to try to figure out if the pain is more menstrual or more intestinal but I can't tell. The pain is always changing... the only thing that really stays the same is that its there and it can be near excrutiating. Does anybody have a clue for what this is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
    ebgolen
    (female)

ebgolen HB User
    Re: Constant Pain... all normal test results

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rshcraig View Post
    For the past 4 days now, I am in nearly constant pain of varying degrees. Its mostly in my right side lower abdomen/pelvic area, hip and lower back but also a general achy and sore feeling in my entire right side of my belly. I was advised to go to the er Saturday night on fear of appendicitis or kidney stones, but everything came back normal (blood tests and ct scans). I have no insurance but am trying to get into a low cost clinic currently. It just hurts so bad all the time and nothing helps it. Standing at work hurts. Sitting here at the computer hurts. Lying in bed hurts. Sometimes the pain will ease up and I think its getting better but it just comes and goes and I can't find any rhyme or reason to it, nothing consistant that I can say is why the pain goes away. But it never goes away fully for long, just like 5 or 10 minutes. Then there are long periods of time that can pass when its just dull pain that I can life with. And then the sharp stabbing pain comes. I don't know what to do or how to help it. The ER doc prescribed my ibuprofin 800mg and bentyl 20mg and told me to try to figure out if the pain is more menstrual or more intestinal but I can't tell. The pain is always changing... the only thing that really stays the same is that its there and it can be near excrutiating. Does anybody have a clue for what this is?

Old 10-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
    ebgolen
    (female)

ebgolen HB User

I saw your post and it is as if I wrote it. I have had similiar pain for a year now and the doctor's are still taking me through a series of tests. I have had a sonogram, CTscan and bloodwork. Everything has checked out to be fine so far. I had a miscarriage about this time last year and my doctor opted not to do a D&C- he told me that I did not need one. I have had this lower right pelvic pain this whole time. It is a dull ache...sometimes much worse than others but I am aware of it almost every day. Next month I'm going for a test where they push water through my tubes to determine whether or not there is any material in there that may be causing this pain. Let me know whether or not your pain has gone away. Is it only on your right lower pelvic area?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
    Alexa3
    (female)

Alexa3 HB User

I would have pain in my lower right side, then lower left side, I used to wonder what the heck, and once thought it was appendicitis and went to the ER, but all the blood work said I was fine. Then I found out that some women have a lot of pain when you ovulate, which is right before your period. I lost my Mom when I was 12, and I am 46 now, I think I went through menopause, so that doesn't happen anymore. Anyway when I was growing up we didn't talk about this stuff much, and no board like this to ask anyone for help. Oh and your appendix is on your left side (o:

Old 10-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
    tima3773
    (female)

tima3773 HB User

I hope I'm posting in the right area. I am 37. I had to have a total hysterectomy in 2007. 2 months after I had this procedure I started having pains pretty much everywhere. From October of 2007 until current I have been to the hospital at least 50 times. I keep thinking I'm having a heart attack. I will get jaw pain, left arm pain, right arm pain, middle chest pain, pain above my left breast, pain under my arm, pain under my left shoulder blade, pain in my left shoulder, pain in my right shoulder, pain in my wrists and fingers. As I sit here I have pain in the middle of my chest, which started on the lower side of my left breast towards the cleavage area. Also over by the left rib area. I went to a Cardiologist last March. He found nothing, but he also didn't take me too serious. I've had numerous EKG's, blood tests, and X-Rays. Also the tread mill test last March. I get told its GERD and stress. I do have severe anxiety, but I can have a great day, and I will end up with some pain or another. As I sit here I want to run to the hospital. But once you've been there a certain amount of times, they start treating you like dirt. Has anyone been through any of this? Or does anyone know what this could be?? I also get palpatations and PVC's. I get between 2-6 PVC's a day. A few months back I had to go to the hospital because I was having a PVC once a minute. And of course the EKG showed nothing. I'm just not being taken serious. The only thing I've found out this whole time is that I have high cholesterol, which I take Lipitor. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
    shisslak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Tima

I would think of requesting a chance of medication. Lipitor may be causing all of your pain symptoms.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
    amyd
    Veteran
    (female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

Quote:
    I am 37. I had to have a total hysterectomy in 2007.
    Why did you have this procedure done?, and by total, you mean your uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries were removed. In addition to the Lipitor are you on any HRT therapy? Low potassium can increase the frequency of PVCs as well as too much caffeine; and grapefruit juice is not good for GERD for sure.

If you are suffering from severe anxiety, has your doctor put you on any anti-anxiety medication, such as clonopin?

If I were you, I would definitely go to a different hospital next time you are experiencing one of your attacks.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
    amyd
    Veteran
    (female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rshcraig View Post
    The following are some regular ovarian cyst symptoms:
    Dull aching, or severe, sudden, and sharp pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen (one or both sides), pelvis, vagina, lower back, or thighs; pain may be constant or intermittent -- this is the most common symptom

In some cases, especially when an ovarian cyst is not found and resolved earlier on, it can rupture. The ruptured ovarian cyst can cause not only intense pain, but also further serious medical complications.

I was 16 yrs. old when I had my first ovarian cyst. It was the MOST PAINFUL thing that I had ever experienced -- and they did NOTHING, except to give me darvon pain pills. This pain would come and go for years and years. My 21 yr. old daughter had her first hemmoragic cyst rupture last year. That too was incredibly painful.

You should talk to your Dr. about having a vaginal ultrasound to check for any enlarged ovarian mass. This procedure was not around when I needed it; however it definitively diagnosed my daughters condition.
    Hey, I can feel your pain right now. OMG, that is something that I will never forget.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:24 AM   #9
    phoebe79
    (female)

phoebe79 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alexa3 View Post
    Then I found out that some women have a lot of pain when you ovulate, which is right before your period. :
    ovulation usually takes place about two weeks before menstruation on day 14 of the cycle (depending on the woman it could range from day 8 to 20)

Old 11-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #10
    rshcraig
    (female)

rshcraig HB User

Sorry I never came back. I have intermittant internet access. The pains are still happening. I made it to a regular doctor who decided I was having right ovary pain, problems with gas, and back strain. I can see the first two easily but not the back strain. Then she had to refer me out to an ob/gyn but I could never afford to go. I had a period from sept. 9- 18 and then bled again from sept. 25 to mid october... I cant remember the exact date, but maybe like the 16th or 17th. A really long time. No bleeding since then, but I do pass blood clots here and there just randomly. Also my hip pain is still horrible. It feels like when I was pregnant and my hips always hurt from expanding, like its just trying to pop right out of place and break off. Its worse when I'm sitting and its only the right side. So, my symptoms have not gone away sadly. I am trying to sign up for a new insurance plan at work, so maybe by the first of the year I can start seeing a doctor regularly and get some solutions here...

On a note about the ovarian cysts... I can't have that right? Because wouldn't those show up in the ct scan? It seems like all the obvious stuff would have shown up on that?

Closed Thread