It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Endometrial Hyperplasia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
    Cheryl1261
    (female)

Cheryl1261 HB User
    Endometrial Hyperplasia

I have been diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia after an endometrial biopsy. I have had spotting for a very long time and that was my reason for having the biopsy.

I have been prescribed 10 mg per day of novo-medrone. (progesterone). My question is does anyone know when the bleeding usually subsides. I have been on the medication since Dec 10/09. I know I may sound anxious but it has been so long since i have not had to wear anything for the bleeding.

Also I am wondering if anyone with my condition has lower abdominal pain. I have been living on advil for over a month. When I take the advil I at least can lead a bit of a normal life. Thanks for anyone help as there is nothing I can research online to give me answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #2
    kobe kowsumoto
    (female)

kobe kowsumoto HB User
    Re: Endometrial Hyperplasia

I was also diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia. I was prescribed 5 mg Aygestin (also a progesterone) to take every day for 12 days. I stopped bleeding the second day. Then after the 12th day I had a normal period that lasted 5 days and stopped. So the regimen worked very well for me, and I have had no pain. Sounds like you need to see your doctor again - sorry. hope you get it sorted out!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
    darkwater
    (female)

darkwater HB User

I also have endometrial hyperplasia w/atypia. I took 5mg of Provera (progesterone) daily for 3 months, then 10mg daily for 3 more months. After 3 months and a D and C, there were no more signs of atypia, which is a good improvement, though I am told that these things tend to reoccur. I did not have constant bleeding, but just random bleeding. I had some spotting for a day or two several times the first month, but after that, I had no bleeding anymore for the rest of the time I was taking it.

As for your pain, that has me wondering because I have not heard of cases of hyperplasia being at all painful. This makes me think that you may have something else going on? What else have you been checked for? Lower abdominal pain that is gynecologic in nature could be large fibroids, endometriosis, large ovarian cysts, probably a few more things that I can't think of at the moment. I have had endometriosis since I was a teen and I always had to live on ibuprofen (advil). It has gotten to where I take 4 tablets now and they still do not stop the pain I have around the time of my period.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:44 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Im also on 5 mgs of Provera (progesterone) . It took me about 2 .5 months on it before my bleeding completely stopped. i dont "stop" the pill, so in the past month, I havent had a period at all...and dont plan to! If you stay on it long enough, the bleeding will stop...
    good luck.

Closed Thread