It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Hard lump beneath the skin - bikini area

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
    Summerset
    (female)

Summerset HB User
    Hard lump beneath the skin - bikini area

I'm a 20 year old female who has never been sexually active. Two days ago I noticed a hard lump beneath the skin of the top most part of my pubic area. I do shave my bikini area and have had problems with ingrown hairs in the past. But nothing has ever been like this. The lump is swollen, pink, and slightly tender; and it's much larger and deeper than any ingrown hair irritation I've ever had (a little smaller than the size of a penny). The majority of its mass is beneath the skin. I've tried to gently open the skin to allow any puss to drain, but there is none- either that or it's collecting deeper than I dare to extract. What bothers me most is how hard it feels when I squeeze the skin together, almost like a rock beneath my skin. I plan to see a doctor about this as soon as possible- although I was hoping that someone on this website could offer me some helpful information to hopefully ease my anxiety a little until then.

Last edited by Summerset; 01-11-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
    LauraLu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
    Re: Hard lump beneath the skin - bikini area

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is probably a benign cyst. DO NOT try to pick it so it can drain. You'll risk making it worse or getting an infection.
    It's basically just like a zit. It'll go away with time. Try taking warm baths or apply a heating pad to speed up the healing time/reduce swelling.
    I had this one time before and it can be painful.
    Hang in there!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
    Summerset
    (female)

Summerset HB User
    Re: Hard lump beneath the skin - bikini area

Thank you Laura, I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread