It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• it's not bacterial vaginosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2001, 08:49 PM   #1
    skip_to_my_lou
    (female)

skip_to_my_lou HB User
    it's not bacterial vaginosis

I went to the gynecologist today. He went through the whole thing to help get the root of what's going on and the causes and thoroughly examined me. Well, I don't have vaginosis, there are no bacterial cells, but I have a lot of white blood cells. It's some sort of cervicitis. He's testing me again for clamydia and ghonerrea. I'm kind of scared right now. He did put me on a different antibiotic to take care of the cervacitis. He said if the tests turn out negative, then it probably has to do with some allergy to the gels and such used in condoms. Either way, it's disconcerting to me. I hope it turns out negative because then I know that my boyfriend has been walking around with it for a long time and he'd have to find the source. I've only had one partner and that's my boyfriend. (I hope God isn't punishing me for something that we both wanted to do to be intimate. I'll still love him no matter what, but it's not been fun going through this for months on and off worrying about my body.) If the tests are negative, then I have to find out what's causing the problems. I just wanted to vent a little here. Thanks for all your support and suggestions. It's made me really aware of my health and hygene habits. I'm glad that everyone has a different point of view on the situation to give me some guidance in the previous posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2001, 11:47 PM   #2
    mlgable
    Inactive

mlgable HB User
    Re: it's not bacterial vaginosis

The positive thing as that your doctor is doing testing to get to the root of the problem. That right there is wonderful. So many posts I read here seem to say that the doctor examined them and said they have such and such. If more doctors ran tests the first time around to find out what is going on I think it would save a lot of money in the long run and would also be easier on the women since she isn't trying a million different creams or pills etc before they finally find what she should have been prescribed all along.

Old 02-07-2001, 02:04 PM   #3
    skip_to_my_lou
    (female)

skip_to_my_lou HB User

Good news! The tests were negative for the second time. So it's just cervicitis from something I'm allergic to or sensitive to. I go see him in a month to check to see if the antibiotic worked. I'm very relieved and I'm glad that my doctor tested me again to make sure. The fact that he put me on a completely different antibiotic than the other did will hopefully take care of the problem. Now I have to figure out what I'm allergic to.

Old 02-08-2001, 02:26 PM   #4
    Azzriele

Azzriele HB User

On my last visit to my gyno, she told me that new sexual partners can cause the kinds of distress you're experiencing, and will usually fade once your body becomes acclimated with his. I know this because I was having them too, right after my boyfriend and I started having sex. I almost immediatly got a UTI (my worst one ever!) AND bacterial vaginosis. I got rid of the UTI not by drugs--i ended up with allergic reactions to every drug they tried to on me, and i even had to go to the emergency room once--but by drinking lots of water and taking cranberry supplements. I must have took 8 cranberry pills per day. It took about 3 or 4 days of this, but it did the job. Also, never forget to pee after sex. When i don't pee after sex, I get a minor UTI-like symptoms that I can usually irrigate out of my system in about 1 day, provided I drink my water.

Also, my gyno suggested that I might have some kind of allergy to latex and maybe even the spermicide that is used in some. This was after I told her that condoms "burn" me. She told me to try polyurethane condoms, but I went ahead and got on the pill instead. It's been 4 months and i'm symptom free. But I take care not to go through that again.

I hope things are looking up for you. I know exactly what you're going through.

Old 02-08-2001, 03:26 PM   #5
    skip_to_my_lou
    (female)

skip_to_my_lou HB User

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it. You know it's funny that you mention an allergy to latex. I think I do, but then I switched over to polyurethane and still ended up with BV, UTI, and now this. The strange thing is that this has happend whenever we've used any kind of condoms. I'm on the pill, but at the time I was on antibiotics for a UTI and didn't want to risk pregnancy since antibiotics can lessen the effectiveness of the pill. Then when I was going through these infections, I was afraid we'd pass it back and forth. Maybe I'm allergic to all kinds of condoms. I don't know, but what you said makes sense. Hoepfully things will get back to normal soon.

Closed Thread