It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Loss of period after cryotherapy....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2001, 07:49 AM   #1
    Maci

Maci HB User
    Loss of period after cryotherapy....

I posted this on the cancer board but received no response. I am hoping someone here has some input/advice. I had a pre-cancerous lesion removed by LEEP from my cervix four years ago. My pap smears have all been normal until the most recent. My doctor did a colposcopy which showed that the growth had returned on the scar from the previous procedure. The area was small so she chose to freeze it off. My period was due the week following the procedure. It never came. I am now due again but no sign of it yet. I have taken two pregnancy tests to rule that out and both came out negative. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Maci.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2001, 08:08 AM   #2
    Maci

Maci HB User
    Re: Loss of period after cryotherapy....

Bumpin' up... Hoping someone has some insight on this. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2001, 09:20 PM   #3
    imdcms

imdcms HB User

Stress can definitly screw up your menstrual cycle. I was so upset prior to my first surgery that I had my period every 15 days for months until the surgery was over. I've known others to have missed there periods due to stress. If you don't get your period the following month, notify your doctor to see if they want to do anything, otherwise enjoy the vacation.<p>[This message has been edited by imdcms (edited 07-19-2001).]

Old 07-20-2001, 09:01 AM   #4
    Maci

Maci HB User

imdcms,

Thank you for your response. I know stress can result in missed periods. I am hoping that is the case since I am usually very regular. Funny thing is, I really don't feel that stressed out about the procedure as compared to last time. One more week to wait! Thanks again. Maci.

Closed Thread