It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• painful clitoris please respond

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2001, 09:14 AM   #1
    diane1

diane1 HB User
    painful clitoris please respond

hey everyone, i have a question. a week ago today my b/f and i had sex..(thats how long i've been having this pain) anyway, my clitoris hurts, well, it's not unbearable but it is bothersome, it's kind of a tingly pain (if that makes sense) and it's VERY sensitive to the touch, but it does hurt directly underneath..(the little fold attached to it) i obviously never had this before and i'm very scared. i thought it would go away in a few days but it didn't. at first i thought it was from him maybe pounding too hard, but now thats its been a week i'm not sure. i did have a full bladder before before if that helps. i dont have any symptoms of a urinary tract infection, no burning, itching or anything of that nature. it does feel like i have to go to the bathroom more often due to the "tingly feeling". if any of you had this problem or know anything about it please respond. i called to make an appointment with doctor but she is booked this week and next week i'll have my period, so if anyone can give some insight now i would really appreciate it. also i looked up vulvodynia and i dont have any symptoms of that either. thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2001, 07:15 AM   #2
    shira202

shira202 HB User
    Re: painful clitoris please respond

sometimes after having sex i feel uncomfortable "down there" (not just round the clitoris), so i try to wear loose pants or skirts and put some kind of a lubrication. this way the outer area of my vagina is not rubbed by anything. this usually works.
    i would suggest you see the doctor ASAP if that keeps bothering you, even during your period (even if you don't use tampons. believe me, your gyn has seen it all).

Old 01-04-2001, 08:13 AM   #3
    Just_me

Just_me HB User

Hi Diane, I think this was probably due to you being a bit dry during sex and sometimes this causes your clitoris to feel a bit bruised for a few days, and the best thing to do would to just wear loose trousers or skirts for a while till it is a bit less senstive. Another possibilty is thrush, which can cause soreness without discharge or itching but I think it's most likely to be just a bit of bruising. I have had this occasionally too and it usually settles down after a few days.
    if it doesn't feel any better over the next couple of days then just check with the Doc, but it's unlikely to be anything to worry about.

Old 01-04-2001, 08:14 AM   #4
    Just_me

Just_me HB User

Hi Diane, I think this was probably due to you being a bit dry during sex and sometimes this causes your clitoris to feel a bit bruised for a few days, and the best thing to do would to just wear loose trousers or skirts for a while till it is a bit less senstive. Another possibilty is thrush, which can cause soreness without discharge or itching but I think it's most likely to be just a bit of bruising. I have had this occasionally too and it usually settles down after a few days.
    if it doesn't feel any better over the next couple of days then just check with the Doc, but it's unlikely to be anything to worry about.

Old 01-04-2001, 08:16 AM   #5
    Just_me

Just_me HB User

Old 01-04-2001, 10:27 AM   #6
    alazay

alazay HB User

Hopefully it is nothing serious, but I do think you should go see a doctor. My best friend had the same symptoms as you, and about a week later went to the doctor, and found out she had an STD. Luckily, she caught it early and was able to have it cleared with antibotics. But you should see a doctor to be sure its nothing serious.

Old 01-11-2001, 01:34 AM   #7
    kimberlylynn

kimberlylynn HB User

When MY clitoris is rubbed, my right leg shakes like a dog's, and I know this is abnormal, it's like a rush of sensation down my leg. Clitoris' are weird, I get none from mine unless I have penetration and usually it sort of hurts, or feels uncomfortable when I'm masturbating. What's with THAT?

Closed Thread