It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• odor and itching... culture negative??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
    cd04
    (female)

cd04 HB User
    odor and itching... culture negative??

I have been having odor and itching down there for years.....I know I have what my family describes as a "super nose" but if I am sitting down and my legs are apart, a lot of times I can smell.."down there" sry I know thats gross but it's not right....

so I got a vaginal culture on friday as well as a pap.....I called today and my PA said culture was completely negative for everything, yeast, bacteria, trich etc. I have never been sexually active.

one thing I thought of earlier, is in the days before my appt. I did about 4 days of vaginal monistat, but didn't finish, and then found two 150mg pills of diflucan that had been prescribed months ago for me but I never ended up needing at the time....I checked the exp date and they were not exp yet so I took one for 2 days in a row

now that I think about it, really dumb. but I was going nuts with the itching and needed some relief....how likely is it that the treatment I used made the culture results negative....as opposed to that is just the natural smell of my vagina and I have a "paranoid nose" I also have been using vagisil wash for the odor.

please help me answer this. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: odor and itching... culture negative??

Don't use cleansers on that part of your body. Any cleansers. Just rinse a little with plain water when you shower. The area with hair you can wash with plain soap, but the delicate inner labia need to be treated with more care.

Stop washing and see if the itch goes away. The vagina is not meant to be washed, it disturbs the natural flora. Ask the doctor if you don't believe me.

Closed Thread