It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Cytolytic Vaginosis remedy? alternative to baking soda

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
    mamacitas
    (female)

mamacitas HB User
    Cytolytic Vaginosis remedy? alternative to baking soda

Hi ladies,

I'm a 23 year old virgin who has been suffering with chronic vaginosis for about a year and a half (thick white discharge, internal burning, external itching). Although I have the symptoms all month, things always get worse the last 2 weeks before my period. Doctors told me it looked like yeast, but all my cultures and STD tests would come up negative. I have tried everything you could imagine: hydrogen peroxide, boric acid, yogurt, femdophilus, vitamin C, colloidal silver, apple cider vinegar, etc).

A few months ago, I went to a doctor who specializes in complicated vaginitis and i was finally diagnosed with Cytolytic Vaginosis (too much "good" bacteria making the vagina too acidic. for more info, read here Cytolytic Vaginosis). But although the treatment is baking soda, I was douching everyday and things only improved slightly. The discharge cleared up, but I still had a persistent itch, burn, and irritation. I tried to put baking soda up there overnight with a suppository but the burn was unbearable. I also tried antibiotics that my doctor gave me to try to reset my flora, but that didn't work either.

Recently, i had a breakthrough and i think i finally found something that's made me almost 100% better. There is a lubricant called Pre-seed; it's actually for women who have vaginal dryness when trying to conceive. The idea is that most lubes are acidic and kill sperm. This lube has a PH of 7 to 7.5 (very alkaline) so it doesnt kill the sperm. However, its safe for use with condoms and is also used for a variety of medical purposes by gynecologists. You can buy a tube online or at drugstores like CVS for about $20. their website has more info, its supposed to be helpful for ladies with vulvodynia as well.

I used a little bit of this (about 1/2 an applicator full) 4 nights ago. It burned only slightly, but the next morning i immediately felt better. So i kept doing it overnight, each night; it never burned again and each day i felt better and better. Also, if i feel any irritation during the day, i dab a little bit on my finger and put it up there and/or rub a little on myself externally. It's the 4th day that I've been using it, and I feel great! No itching, no burning, no discharge... no symptoms. I havent been doing baking soda sitz baths or douching at all, just using this. I think leaving it in is resetting my PH and stopping the overgrowth of lactobaccili. I'll keep reporting back on my results, but i have about 5 days until my period and i feel pretty normal. Usually my symptoms are unbearable at this point. I havent felt this good since this whole ordeal started.

If you've been diagnosed with CV or think you suffer from it, this may help.

Last edited by Mo-S4; 08-25-2011 at 10:26 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to mamacitas For This Useful Post:
    Weegie2012 (03-29-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
    susiehf
    (female)

susiehf HB User
    Re: Cytolytic Vaginosis remedy? alternative to baking soda

Just wondering if you are still checking in and if you have found this approach to be effective on a permanent basis. I am curious whether the lube continued to ease your symptoms and, more importantly, whether it corrected your lactobacillus overgrowth? I am in the throes of this thing and seeking relief!! Thank you!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
    mamacitas
    (female)

mamacitas HB User

hi Susiehf,

I'm still using the preseed and it's definitely helping to manage my symptoms. I started mixing it with a little bit of baking soda each night (not too much, or it will burn! learned that the hard way) and it helps even more. Here's what I'm currently doing:

*taking calcium supplements (600 mg) twice daily, and an iron supplement every night, along with my usual vitamin C
    *trying to drink lots of water, with fresh lemon in it (lemon is acidic, but digested as alkaline)
    *putting a little bit of preseed in each night (about 1/5 of an applicator) mixed with a very little bit of baking soda
    *applying a little bit of vaseline, as needed, on my labia to help soothe any discomfort and protect it from any irritation my fluids will cause
    *avoiding processed foods (junk food, fast food etc) and trying to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. im not a vegetarian, but i normally dont eat very much meat. i mostly have fish, tofu, or meat substitutes.

By doing these things, ive pretty much eliminated any discharge. i have an occasional itch, but the vaseline prevents me from feeling it. Basically, i go through my days feeling close to normal. In addition, I plan on starting to drink an alkalizing formula of baking soda, lemon juice, and water.

I'm hoping that what I'm doing will eventually rebalance me, but Im definitely 10 times better than i was before. im starting to date again, and i think that by doing these things ill be able to have a sex life. i hope this helps, please update me on your progress

Last edited by moderator2; 04-13-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Old 04-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
    susiehf
    (female)

susiehf HB User

I applaud you being so proactive on this. I've been treated twice with metronidazole; on one of those occasions the nurse practitioner did tell me that the particular overgrowth was lactobacillus. At that point I hadn't researched anything and didn't know that metronidazole, the typical treatment for bacterial vaginosis, is ineffective as to lactobacillus overgrowth.

I'm interested in your approach and may give it a whirl. Kind of deciding whether to get checked again and see if I still have too many hanging out in there!

My symptoms are mainly burning and irritation. Internal and external. Very uncomfortable, ever-present, and just darn annoying. Interestingly, I have no excess discharge, as a matter of fact, quite the opposite. I am 48 and that may be a function of age/hormones/premenopause. I am married and still have a sex life but it has definitely put a damper on it!

I've been trying to review this for days and thank you for responding. Crazy life and computer problems interfered. But, belated thanks! And good luck!

Closed Thread