It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Pain in ovaries normal?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
    seaofelle
    (female)

seaofelle HB User
    Unhappy Pain in ovaries normal?!

I have been having digestive problems like gas, bloating, diarrhea, etc. for the past four years. It got progressively worse, and I have had to stop eating gluten for the last year and a half. During all this, I also had pain and discomfort in my right ovarian region that I could feel all the time and was EXTREMELY painful during sex. I was put on birth control by my family doctor and the pain subsided. However, this last week I have been off birth control (since i've been taking it for 4 years, I wanted to see how my body was doing) and the SAME pain came back within a few days. It is extremely painful in one specific spot when I have sex, and I can sense the discomfort at all times.

I just started going to the doctor to get a bunch of tests done to see what is wrong with my stomach, and here's what I've found out:
    -double-oscopies revealed nothing abnormal, biopsies of tissue are all normal
    -blood tests revealed I am anemic (mildly)
    -CT scan revealed fluid build-up in right lower abdomen and the appearance of ovarian cysts
    -vaginal ultrasound 1 week later showed that the build-up of fluid is gone and that I only have 2 small follicle cysts in right ovary and a few small cysts in the left ovary. However, the ultrasound was very painful in that one specific spot on my right side.

My doctor said that my uterus was basically normal and that I should just keep taking iron supplements and get checked out again in two months.

Could this pain be something other than what showed up on the ultrasound, or be something that the doctor missed? Should I get a second opinion??
    This CAN'T just be normal.

Last edited by seaofelle; 04-27-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread