It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Could this just have been a really bad vaginal infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
    Linbbyrose
    (female)

Linbbyrose HB User
    Could this just have been a really bad vaginal infection?

Is it possible I have herpes but none of my sexual partners do?

Hi,
    Nearly 4 years ago when I was 16, I got a real bad vaginal infection & with it I had a fever, it hurt to pee, I was very swollen down there & I had 4 canker sore ulcerations on my inner lips.(two on both sides) I went to the clinic & my doctor told me it looked like herpes.. But how if I were a virgin. I didn't have sex until I was 18 so I figured it was a bad infection from me wiping from back to front since I were a child.
    She gave me medication & couple days later it was gone.

I seriously forgot about it because I truly didn't believe it was herpes at all. Afterwards including today I have never experienced that again. I've kept myself extremely clean & wiped the right way since then lol.

The thought recently came back to haunt me. I have had unprotected sex with two serious boyfriends , one I'm still with & although they've never complained of having issues down there (both tested for stds) I'm still worrisome. I mean I have had sex with my previous bf unprotected sooo many times I fail to believe tht if I had it he wouldnt have gotten it. & my current bf we've had nothing but unprotected sex too so I'm just confused..

I'm calling my clinic tomorrow for a test just to be sure but what do you guys think? & No more unprotected sex for me !!

Last edited by Linbbyrose; 05-17-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: Could this just have been a really bad vaginal infection?

Hi,
    I see you mentioned you were a virgin at 16 when you had what sounds like an outbreak. Did you ever have oral sex at that time or grind while naked as the virus is spread from skin to skin contact.

If you do have the virus it is possible that none of your partners have it the risk of transmission from woman to man is around 4% a year based on 2 times a week without condoms or suppressive therapy and if you use a condom or on suppressive therapy then its about 2% if you use both then its 1% but the risk is always there.

Even if people have no signs or symptoms they can still have the virus an estimated 80% of people that have genital herpes do not know they have it. Keep in mind many doctors will not give herpes test to people without being specifically asked to do so. When you ask the doctor to test you for STDs the herpes test is normally not part of that routine panel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: Could this just have been a really bad vaginal infection?

lol I totally understand I felt the same way

The best thing to do is get tested I see that you were going to make an appointment

**The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**

Closed Thread