It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Ovary Torsion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
    RachelY76
    (female)

RachelY76 HB User
    Ovary Torsion

I was searching the web for information on ovary torsion and the many causes and symptoms of this seeming less random infliction. Every woman who blogged, or who too was searching for information, all claimed intense pain and/or some type of enlarged cyst which caused the twisting or the threatening of.
    Some women even wrote how ovulation was usually painful or really uncomfortable; but none had said if this was prohibiting pregnancy or had made them infertile.
    I too have a 'twisted' ovary, other wise a healthy female the Doc is unsure how this occurred. My ovary now the size of a grapefruit had somehow managed to turn in on itself and fill with blood. When this occurred I had been standing all day in heels and knew it was my ovulation time I felt sharp pain but nothing 'knee-dropping' or 'unbearable'. For the next 24 hours it throbbed and was extremely tender to the touch. The only difference was the terrible pain when urinating and there was a huge 'pickle' shaped bump on the right upper pelvic region. Then, as it had done so many times before, the pain and sensitivity slowly ebbed and I thought I was fine....
    At my mothers behest I saw my OBGYN and he ordered a pelvic ultrasound which showed more then the Doc's assumptions because of my lack of current pain and otherwise uneventful exam. Now I am scheduled for ‘exploratory’ surgery and the removable of my ovary and tube.
    I don't know why I'm sharing this relatively private occurrence in my life but to say that because there is no pain or you remain fully functional through the event always doesn't equal nothing is wrong with you. I had been having such rough ovulations that I dismissed something potentially serious. I overlooked symptoms of infertility and absent periods for normalcy. If hadn't been for my concerned mother I would of NEVER investigated further.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread