It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• ASCUS and HPV - Colposcopy and Biopsy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
    passerine
    (female)

passerine HB User
    ASCUS and HPV - Colposcopy and Biopsy

Hello everyone

My last pap smear came back with ASCUS and positive for HPV. I have been scheduled for a colposcopy and biopsy for the 31st of this month (October 2011). I am 24 years old and have been having yearly pap smears since I was 18 - this is my first abnormal one. I have been doing a little of my own research online and, for the most part, it seems these results aren't anything to get too freaked out about, although the closer it gets to my appointment the harder it is to not worry.

I have a very supportive fiance and mother, but I also realized that maybe it would be best to seek out other women who have had this experience also. I have a cousin who has had these results - she has had two colposcopies and biopsies as well as two "minor operations" (she wasn't clear on what these were), and ended up with significant scarring because of them - is that a normal result?

Thanks in advance for any and all replied

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Still Bleeding a week after colposcopy/biopsy KAmommy Women's Health 1 10-18-2010 02:47 PM
    colposcopy and biopsy gizmo33 Women's Health 0 02-21-2010 10:51 PM
    Colposcopy #2 Tomorrow (LONG) Abbieva Women's Health 9 02-05-2009 02:09 AM
    Colposcopy/biopsy questions...lots of white areas?? Lynae76 Women's Health 0 10-08-2008 10:39 PM
    ASCUS and intermediate-high risk for HPV Lyss8608 Women's Health 1 01-14-2008 12:10 PM
    Colposcopy and abnormal PAP smear. Please read if you have experience with this. Amelia87 Women's Health 6 10-03-2007 01:06 AM
    Problems after Colposcopy/Biopsy southern_belle Women's Health 1 05-10-2006 09:11 AM
    Colposcopy report Timber Women's Health 10 12-20-2005 12:55 AM
    Advice needed: Post-Colposcopy Questions? asunrun Women's Health 3 05-20-2005 08:49 PM

Tags
    abnormal, ascus, cancer, hpv, pap