It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Endometrial cells on Pap

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
    Mgetz
    (female)

Mgetz HB User
    Question Endometrial cells on Pap

I am almost 41 yrs old, had a pap due to very painful pelvic pain during periods. Pap came back that I have endometrial cells and squamos cells (?). My doc refers me to gyne. My first appt with gyne he tells me that I need an endometrial biopsy and was doing right then and there. He attempts it, but was unsuccessful. He stated that my cervix was closed and he did not want to risk rupturing my uterus. He has me come back following Mon for ultrasound. I have 4 fibroid tumors and he said my uterine lining was 11 mm (?). Schedules me for D and C. Then he calls me and says that he is going to try and do endometrial biopsy again with help of ultra sound while on period. (I have 2 kids and told asked him to push up D and C, stress too much, etc) So, I went today and it was horribly painful and unsuccessful. He told me we can't do hysterectomy without knowing if cancer. So, have to wait til Nov 29th for D and C. This has been going on for a month now and I am making myself sick with worry. Also, the biopsy was very painful, but I know that is normal, just telling my experience. I am just scared! Anyone with similar story please share> Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
    Ayria
    (female)

Ayria HB UserAyria HB UserAyria HB UserAyria HB User
    Re: Endometrial cells on Pap

Sadly I don't have a similiar story, but I do have a bucket full of support. Your doctor and gyne seem to be working very well with you, despite the nasty biopsy pain and that's half of the battle!

You are bound to be very worried, just look after yourself, use hot water bottles for the pain, soluable paracetamol and general NSAIDs for some pain relief. Spend time with your children to take your mind off everything. Have some nice early nights with a book and a warm drink with your jammies on!

Look after yourself, and I wish you the best of luck with everything. Take care.

EDIT: Also to answer some questions, the doctors may be ruling serious things out, but from your pap they may be wondering if you have Endometriosis. I wouldn't worry about your uterine lining too much if you're due for your period.

Last edited by Ayria; 11-15-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Closed Thread