It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board


Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: united states
Posts: 2
tiredopain HB User

Hello everyone I have had lower abdominal pain it's lower mid section feels really close to the bladder for a good 3 years now Ive been to the gynocoligist and had a pap done about a year ago and they found nothing Ive had pre cancerous cells on my cervical in the year of 2006 the pain flairs up every month and its severe it hurts to walk or sit down sometimes its soo bad I have to crouch down it also hurts to urinate when the flare ups happen sex is uncomfortable most of the time I feel like a complete weak and whinny person I just don't know what to do anymore I want it to go away can some help me give me advice of which doctor I need to go to should I worry

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
twohands's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 598
twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Help

You know your body better than anyone else. You already know something isn't normal.

I've experienced several health problems and have learned that you have to be your own best advocate when you have a medical issue. Unfortunately, some medical problems aren't easy to diagnose, and in those cases doctors often basically blow you off initially. Many will only do further investigations if you return, complaining of the same symptoms again and pushing the doctor to figure out the problem.

The symptoms you are describing sound similar to endometriosis which can be difficult to diagnose, and can only be confirmed by laproscopic surgery. Of course there could be other possible explanations for the symptoms you are experiencing, and it's important to get to the bottom of it.

I'd suggest you return to your gynocologist, write down a list of your symptoms and when you notice them/what time of your monthy cycle they occur. If your gynocologist doesn't take you seriously and investigate, go to a different gynocologist who will investigate. Sometimes you need to see several doctors before you find one you are comfortable and will work with you the way you need them to.

Best wishes!

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
tiredopain (02-22-2012)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:14 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!