It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• ovarian cyst.Please help me to understand my transvaginal ultrasound report..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
    samna
    (female)

samna HB User
    Unhappy ovarian cyst.Please help me to understand my transvaginal ultrasound report..

Hi..
    I have been feeling horrible and hoping someone can help me to understand my transvaginal ultrasound report..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    Finding:
    The uterus measures 7.4*4.8*4.1 cm endometrial thickness is 1.4 cm .It is heterogeneous.

There is a heterogeneous right andnexal mass which abuts the uterus .There are regions which appear cystic and regions which appear solid or complex cystic .Normal ovarian tissue cannot be identified.

The left overy measures 5.5*4.6*3.3 cm .It is unclear how much of this represents normal ovarian tissue. and how much may be a mass similer to the right side.additionally there is 2.5*2.1*1.9 cm anechoic mass represent this is included the overall measurment of 5.5* 4.6 * 3.3 cm
    no free fluid.

Complex Duplex doppler:
    In addition to gray scale imaging,spectral doppler and color doppler images were obtained Arterrial and venus flow was documented to both the left and right adnexal masses
    Impression:
    Bilateral adnexal masses,right greater than left.These are not simple cysts.Differential possibilities include complex cyst or endometriomas ,dermoids and other ovarian neoplasms.In the appropriate clinical setting, pelvic inflammatory disease could have this appearance . Pelvic Mri is recommended for further evaluation.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    I know completed/complex cyst isnt a good thing but what about Arterrial and venus flow .Pls let me know ,my uterus is in normal size or not and why the endometrial thickness is indicate heterogeneous. is this abnormal.And which one is my right overy measurment.
    Im 25year old .I dont have any pain or any symptoms, and i have regular menstrual cycle.I did this ultra sound scanning on my 13 the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
    border234
    (female)

border234 HB User
    Re: ovarian cyst.Please help me to understand my transvaginal ultrasound report..

Can you tell me what came of this? Did you get answers? Did you have an MRI? Thanks, and best wishes.

Closed Thread

Tags
    bilateral, endometrial, transvaginal ultrasound, uterus, uterus infection