It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Pap Smear PAINFUL scraping

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
    KM79
    (female)

KM79 HB User
    Pap Smear PAINFUL scraping

Hi,

I have been bleeding for 20 days and it is a medium to heavy bleed everyday.

In the past 6 months I have bleed between periods 4 times but the 3 other times only lasted 3 days whereas this bleed has lasted 20 days. All of the bleeds have happened right in the middle of my cycle. The bleed I have had now happened after having a morning after pill (but I have never bled before from this.. ever). Thankfully it has died off today (yay!) but I now have an orange coloured discharge.

I had a pelvic scan today which went fine and nothing was found.

I also had today a pap smear and it was terribly painful. It wasn't the speculum going in or being in, it was the scraping that nearly shot me off the bed. I was very painful and sent nerve pain up into the left side of my pelvic area. The doctor of course says "it shouldn't hurt" and even asked ME why it hurt, to which I said, you're the doctor can you please tell ME why it hurt.

I have had abnormalities in the past - level 1 and level 2 where I was suppose to get a biopsy but I didn't go through with it as a girlfriend said it was more painful.

Because of this bleeding, I want to get it checked out and make sure I don't have anything sinister going on.

Has anyone else had a lot of pain from the scraping and what does it mean to have this type of pain??

Thanks

Last edited by KM79; 06-26-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: added details

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
    tula12
    (female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User
    Re: Pap Smear PAINFUL scraping

Never had a painful pap smear. The bleeding between periods is not normal. Could be any number of things, the pap results will tell you, follow up and get the care you need.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
    Krista2882
    (female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User

YES. I feel your pain. Read my thread a little bit down the page (from last week) about painful pap smears.

Last edited by Krista2882; 06-27-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It always hurts for me every time so you're definitely not wrong on that! The only way I can describe it is like an intense menstrual cramp while she is taking the scraping. There have been a few times that I have wanted to kick her in the head cause it hurt so bad! So yes, it does hurt and people who say it doesn't must have a cervix made of some other material other than living cells!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
    celestialkel
    (female)

celestialkel HB User

I just had my annual pap this morning, and honestly, I didn't feel anything!...I have an awesome doctor though, and he is very gentle, but I have never had a pap smear to hurt that I can remember...maybe you have a mild infection going on making it tender?...

Closed Thread

Tags
    cervical cancer, cervix, pap smear