It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Waiting for biopsy following d&c for 18mm thickness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
    jrswoots
    (female)

jrswoots HB User
    Waiting for biopsy following d&c for 18mm thickness

Hello, I am new on here.

I am 36 and for last few months experiencing long, heavy irregular periods, spotting in between and a clear to white discahrge after what I assume woudl be my normal period. Went to gyn in Sept and they did u/s and pelvic exam....said only the u/s showed my lining was a little thick..probabley hormonal imbalance..said could try birth control but said no...so has become worse and went back last week due to so much blood loss and passing large clots that was becoming dizzy, tired etc..

So doc did pelvix exam said they would have liked to do d&C then but could not get me in or and would possibly need transfusion if waited over weekend so put me on a hormone pill to stop the bleeding .Norethindrone...

It did stop within 2 days but then started right back up 2 days after that , clotting again and some pain ..so called gyn and i am going for d&c , biopsy monday (and possible ablation)

I have had 3 -2nd degree family members with endometrial cancer (one at age 36) so very concerned!!

Wondering if these were similiar symptoms to anyone here and how long until biopsy results after d&C???

Well I had hysterscopy, d&c with biopsy today......the doc said i had uterine polyps (dont know how many) and my lining was 21mm.

He said even with family history and symptoms etc...due to my age-36 and prior health (having had no issues prior to this all starting this year , and having had 2 kids) he says very unlikely is cancer...

Still so nervous...said could be 1-2 weeks for results due to holiday next week!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
    LEAF123
    (female)

LEAF123 HB User
    Re: Waiting for biopsy following d&c for 18mm thickness

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrswoots View Post
    Hello, I am new on here.

I am 36 and for last few months experiencing long, heavy irregular periods, spotting in between and a clear to white discahrge after what I assume woudl be my normal period. Went to gyn in Sept and they did u/s and pelvic exam....said only the u/s showed my lining was a little thick..probabley hormonal imbalance..said could try birth control but said no...so has become worse and went back last week due to so much blood loss and passing large clots that was becoming dizzy, tired etc..

So doc did pelvix exam said they would have liked to do d&C then but could not get me in or and would possibly need transfusion if waited over weekend so put me on a hormone pill to stop the bleeding .Norethindrone...

It did stop within 2 days but then started right back up 2 days after that , clotting again and some pain ..so called gyn and i am going for d&c , biopsy monday (and possible ablation)

I have had 3 -2nd degree family members with endometrial cancer (one at age 36) so very concerned!!

Wondering if these were similiar symptoms to anyone here and how long until biopsy results after d&C???

Well I had hysterscopy, d&c with biopsy today......the doc said i had uterine polyps (dont know how many) and my lining was 21mm.

He said even with family history and symptoms etc...due to my age-36 and prior health (having had no issues prior to this all starting this year , and having had 2 kids) he says very unlikely is cancer...

Still so nervous...said could be 1-2 weeks for results due to holiday next week!!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
    LEAF123
    (female)

LEAF123 HB User
    Re: Waiting for biopsy following d&c for 18mm thickness

How did the results turn out? I too am waiting for similar situation and biopsy results it will be 5 days tomorrow, hoping dr calls with results tomorrow have to know before three day weekend.

Closed Thread