It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Atypical Glandular Cells on Pap,

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
    Scared71
    (female)

Scared71 HB User
    Unhappy Atypical Glandular Cells on Pap,

I am having a colposcopy and bx on Tuesday and am praying for the best. I have had a bx due to infertility before, but never anything abnormal. I am scared because Cancer runs in my family. I have a 7 year old daughter conceived through IVF. I am so blessed to have her. I am hoping to talk with others who have had this type of pap come back that was negative. I am not seeing a lot of those examples. I am planning for the worst and praying for the best. Since having Madison my periods have been wierd. The blood coming out is sometime dried and clumpy and other times there are huge clots. I am on coumadin due to a blood clotting problem called Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome. Any comforting messages for me would be appreciated. I have a strong family history of cancer and my Dad just died from Glioblastoma of the Brain.

The following user gives a hug of support to Scared71:
    uberduper (03-08-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
    uberduper
    (male)

uberduper HB User
    Re: Atypical Glandular Cells on Pap,

I'm sorry you're going through so much. Your health issues are enough to address, and your father's death must make everything more difficult.

I can't speak to your specific issue, but I do think it's important to do everything you can to relax yourself, including asking for the support you need, eating healthy, and exercising. I had the cancer your father had. Miraculously, I'm still around, and I'm sure you'll come out okay, too. But breathe, love, and celebrate everything (like being here, and having your daughter) along the way through this challenge.

Closed Thread

Tags
    atypical glandular cells, cancer biopsy question