It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• confused by long lasting red bumps?? HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
    sarahlizzie
    (female)

sarahlizzie HB User
    confused by long lasting red bumps?? HELP!

i am about to be a senior in college and i have been having some issues in the downstairs department for about 2 months now. it all started with what i thought was a yeast infection as it had all of the same symptoms of the other yeast infections ive had in the past. i was going to treat it with otc meds but i got my period 2 days after it started so i suffered through it and it seemed to clear up on its own but never went back to 100% normal.
    due to the itching during my period i opted to wear pads during my period rather than tampons; being that it was may 20th it was rather hot and i developed what looked like a diaper rash on my lower inner buttcheek (only on the left side). the bumps that i have a rather small, about the size of the tip of a dull pencil and they are just pink raised spots with no underlying redness behind them. there are about 9 bumps all together within a 2 inch by 2 inch patch of skin on the underside of my buttcheek. after my symptoms werent as severe anymore i assumed that the rash would heal after a few days or weeks.
    However, that was may 20th and it is now july 11th and the rash looks exactly the same as it did when i first noticed it. obviously this has concerned me greatly! i have been researching extensively and i am very concerned that i have herpes; my only hang up with this self diagnosis is with how long the bumps have been around. everything that i have come across has stressed that herpes impacts each individual differently. But everything has also said that herpes sores (while the first outbreak is the worst) do not last for more than a 3 weeks in healthy people, i am generally a very healthy person having a pretty strong immune system when dealing with past illnesses. in my tons and tons of research i have also come across the skin condition known as molluscum (which was totally new to me) and this seems to match my symptoms as well, though there is considerably less information on the web about this condition.
    another added complication is that i am living in a different state for the summer and i do not have any way to get to a doctor until august (obviously i am abstaining from any sexual activity until i have a solid diagnosis, dont worry!!)

can anyone help me out with this?! do any of these things sound like either herpes or molluscum?! obviously im praying that i do not have either but i honestly am baffled as to what the heck is going on with my body!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
    captjane
    Inactive
    (female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
    Re: confused by long lasting red bumps?? HELP!

another possibility is that this is some type of dermatitis, and yeast infections can cause it, or using pads because you may have moisture in contact with skin from a bit of sweating or menstrual blood, but the pads themselves often have perfumes in them that irritate as well so it may just be from using the pads that were in contact with that part of skin

Old 07-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
    sarahlizzie
    (female)

sarahlizzie HB User

This is what I was originally thinking that is was too, would a yeast infection rash last for 2 months? With increased itchiness around when my period comes each month?

Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
    captjane
    Inactive
    (female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

periods will often trigger or worsen a yeast infection. At one time I used to get a yeast infection every month that started during my period and was full blown by the end of it. If you've had a yeast infection before and you're sure that's what you had that didn't quite resolve, I'd go ahead and get an OTC yeast treatment and get a cream as well to use on the area with the rash in case it is yeast or it's byproducts that are causing it because once yeast takes a hold it can flourish very easily in that area because it tends to be nice warm moist spot and it doesn't get the airflow that the rest of our body does.

Last edited by captjane; 07-11-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
    sarahlizzie
    (female)

sarahlizzie HB User

Would this just be a Monistat sort of thing, tht I could find at cvs? Is it bad for my body that I have waited so long to take care of this?

Old 07-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
    captjane
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarahlizzie View Post
    Would this just be a Monistat sort of thing, tht I could find at cvs?
    yes any pharmacy will have treatments for yeast. You haven't messed up your body

Last edited by captjane; 07-12-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    help asap, herpes confused, molluscum, yeast infection