It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Vulvodynia and vulva dryness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
    cirquedufreak
    (female)

cirquedufreak HB User
    Smile Vulvodynia and vulva dryness

Hello! This is my very first post. ^_^ I recently was diagnosed with Vulvodynia. A chronic unprovoked pain of the vulva. It can feel general or localised, dull or intense, itchy, achy, burning, or like there are knives or needles stabbing in my vulva. But when I look at it in a mirror and when a doctor looks at it there will be nothing there. The conclusion was drawn for a vulvodynia diagnosis when I was tested for every bacterial infection and std and my results came back negative. Keeping that in mind I also have OCD and panic disorder pretty bad. A lot of the time I will look at my vulva with a mirror and a flashlight to "make sure" that it is still vulvodynia that causes me pain. I will then proceed to stretch and pull and fidget with my labia trying to find an identifiable cause, which in turn creates a dry surface on the mucous membrane and causes abrasions and tearing. Keeping THAT in mind, living with vulvodynia makes it pretty much impossible to have penetrative sex and to some degree, even manual sex. I am prone to abrasions because of the vulvar dryness. This has happened before. I would have manual sex with my partner and I would get these really awful abrasions. I have reason to believe that this happened again. I have what looks like an abrasion to the left of the vestibule right on the labia minora under my clitoris. There was a lot of rubbing there last time and I haven't been too gentle with it while looking at it during a panic attack. I don't feel comfortable with oral sex and my partner does not have any cold sores (and to my knowledge-does not get them) And since I am unable to have penetrative sex, that was not attempted so I don't feel that I have any viable reason to be concerned about an STD. The abrasion looks like new skin to me. It isn't discoloured, it does not hurt when I pee, my discharge is normal, my flora is normal and I do not feel generally ill. It itches a little bit, but that's it. I've kept an eye on it for a few days and it does not seem to be spreading, but I may have made it worse and more irritated by poking at it so much. When I get back to England in a four days I am going to go to the clinic just to make sure, but based on what I'm saying here- what do you guys think? Mostly my OCD/Panic Disorder makes me think that anything that doesn't feel so fresh is HSV, but I realise and try to tell myself when I am feeling that way that the likelihood of having contracted HSV based on my (monogamous, and hopefully long term!! <3) experiences since my last negative testing is extremely low to maybe even 0% chance, but my mind works in odd ways and it makes me feel more comfortable, at ease and validated with peer feedback about what I am experiencing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
    Robocat
    (female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User
    Re: Vulvodynia and vulva dryness

I highly doubt it is hsv, if as you said, the chances of you getting it are no chances at all. But, for peace of mind, wouldn't hurt to get it checked out. Are you currently being treated for your OCD/anxiety? If its causing you to fidget with your body and leave abrasions, I would suggest you seek help.

Closed Thread

Tags
    panic disorder, vulvodynia