It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Cannot get rid of urge to urinate!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #16
    tara24
    (female)

tara24 HB Usertara24 HB User
    Re: Cannot get rid of urge to urinate!!!

Hi-that's good that you were able to get the supplements at your local health store. When you get paid, get some of that lovely bread too, as I think the sunflower seeds may be good too. Yes they are good for your skin, and I have noticed my skin looks less dry and slightly more plumped up since I've been eating them. I would take at least 2 of the oil capsules a day, as I don't think it will do any harm, and will help get into your system faster. I think you can get different strengths of the capsules, so when you go back to the store, it may be worth asking what is the highest strength they have.

I'm happy that I could share my story on this forum, and I really hope it works for you. When I started eating my seed bread, I cut out anything spicy, coffee, raw onion, tomatoes and tomato/pasta sauces and artificial sweetner(such as aspartame)white processed bread. For about 2 weeks I didn't eat anything pre cooked/processed and just ate home cooked food without too many additives, and plenty of stews and vegetables, such as broccoli,carrots,peas,cauliflower and potatoes that were fried,baked mashed or made into frtench fries. I also ate a lot of omelettes and scrambled egg rather than eat too much meat.

Look in any large supermarket for bread similar to mine, as it will be a lot cheaper than buying it from the healthfood shop. If you can't see it on the shelves, ask a bakery worker or shop assistant to help you track it down.

Last edited by tara24; 03-05-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
    honeyfingers
    (female)

honeyfingers HB User

I am definetly going to go get some of the bread tomorrow. I know it is a bit expensive but I would rather spend $8 to try it at least. The Pumpkin Seed Oil Capsules I am taking say that the serving size is 2 and I can take them 1-3 times a day so I am taking them the maxium three times a day!

It's so hard for me to eat healthy because I'm not a good cook and I really feel like I never have time to cook much. I work second shift so I never get to have dinner at home. I'm trying to eat less junk though and I'm adding the healty stuff in there. Once I feel better (I hope!) I think I would have more energy to start cooking more healthy recipes and buying healthier food as well.

My biggest problem right now is my anxiety is over the roof!! I'm not sure if this constant urge to urinate/constant full bladder is due to anxiety or not. Again, I think I mentioned in my last post that I am going to see a psychiatrist but that is not for 3 weeks.

I'm also still not convinced that my bladder infection is gone. It started a little over a week ago. My antibiotics were finished 2 days ago. I got a yeast infection from the antibiotics but I think that is slowly but surely going away with the diflucan from the doctor. I got confirmation that I do not have any STD's, or diabetes, so this "urge" is not from either of those things. I am considering calling the clinic back and letting them know I still cannot empty my bladder totally and that I constantly have an urge to go. This is making me miserable.

Do you think I could call the clinic and see if they could recommend a urologist for me to see? Or prescribe an anti-anxiety med? Or should I try to wait it out a few more days? I have such bad anxiety that I am having panic attacks and shaking hands and I sometimes lose sensation in my fingers and toes.

I have also started a relationship with a man that I really really care about and he is wonderful to me - but it is moving very fast. I wonder if my body is reacting to how overwhelming it is for me??

Thanks for listening to me....let me know if you have any more advice.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-06-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #18
    tara24
    (female)

Hi - yes it is worth asking to see a urologist, as they are more likely to do the proper tests. You may even have a small kidney stone, as they can affect your bladder function, and have similar symptoms to a uti infection and can cause uti infections. Drink plenty of water, as that will help flush out bacteria and possibly a kidney stone if you have one. Try not to drink any fruit juices, as I found that they were the worse thing to drink when I was going through this. I was round my sisters house last summer, and she gave me a glass of lemon squash, and within half an hour I had the worse flare up I've ever had, and also don't drink soda or coca cola, 7 up etc as the sugar in them will make a uti infection worse. Don't worry about what you eat too much, just stay clear of really spicy foods for now.

Also I've read that multi vitamins are the worse thing for an inflamed bladder, and can be the cause of it too. I had started taking multi vitamins just weeks before all this started, and it makes me think now, if they are what gave me an irritable bladder in the beginning. I stopped taking them about the same time I started eating pumpkin seed bread. Maybe you need to ask your doctor for a longer course of anti biotics as you may have an infection deep in the bladder. Not all infections show up in urine cultures. Don't worry as you are on the right track with the oil capsules and bread. Ask your doctor to refer you to a urologist, as it can take a while to get an appointment through.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #19
    honeyfingers
    (female)

honeyfingers HB User

So I did pick up some seed bread - it is actually pretty good! I have been having 2 slices a day - I just toast them and add some butter and/or jelly.

I think things are getting better, but my mind is playing tricks. I'm becoming kind of paranoid now because I don't want to take a relapse and get worse. I did have sex with my bf last night but I made sure to pee after each time - hopefully I won't have anymore bladder problems or a new UTI in a few days :/ I'm still taking cranberry pills every day and taking the pumpkin seed oil supplements every day so I am trying to remain hopeful.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #20
    tara24
    (female)

hi how is everything-are you getting better or still the same?

Old 03-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #21
    honeyfingers
    (female)

honeyfingers HB User

Hi Tara.

I'm not sure if I am better or not - I thought a few days ago that things were starting to improve but I'm still having issues of having the feeling of never being able to empty my bladder - you know, the whole "relief" thing after urinating. Ugh. I'm thinking about calling the clinic again to see what they recommend next, if I should see a urologist or what not. I really wish they had sent my second urine sample out for a culture, but they did not because the intial test showed no signs of infection. I still don't get why they found strep in my urine.

I have only been eating the bread for 4 days and taking the pumpkin seed oil supplements for just about a week now. I'm thrown off though because I got my period today - so yesterday and today I have had bad cramping, so it is hard to tell what is all going on down there right now.

I'm also still taking a probiotic and cranberry supplement twice a day, and I take 2 cranberry pills after sex. Not sure if any of those things are helping, hurting, or simply not doing anything to me.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #22
    tara24
    (female)

hi honey how are you doing. Is there any improvement of your symptoms?

Closed Thread

Tags
    antibiotics, bladder problems, sex, urgency to urinate, urinary tract infection