It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Complex Septated cyst. Talk to me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
    SuzieA
    (female)

SuzieA HB User
    Question Complex Septated cyst. Talk to me

I went to dr with groin pain. Was sent for MRI. It came back with many bone loss issues, but the biggie was detection of a complex Septated Cyst. 4.7x4.5
    I am over 70 yrs old,,very scared. Must wait till Monday to make a GYN dr appt.
    Anyone tell me something. Am Scared

The following user gives a hug of support to SuzieA:
    WhistleDixie (03-31-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2014, 05:03 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Complex Septated cyst. Talk to me

You may just need to have it removed. I wouldn't be otherwise concerned about it.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
    SuzieA
    (female)

SuzieA HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Complex Septated cyst. Talk to me

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    You may just need to have it removed. I wouldn't be otherwise concerned about it.
    So far u r right. Dr still doing blood work to be
    Sure. Then remove ovary. Fine by me !

Old 03-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

Hey Suzie...I'm so sorry for your pain, fear, and anxiety. I wish I had seen your post earlier, but I didn't. I'm thankful that you have seen your doctor today. Do I understand you correctly in that you're having blood work done today? What type of cyst does your doctor think this is? You are not alone in this. We care. HUGS

Old 03-31-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Sorry for what you are going through. I also had a complex, septated cyst. I was overtreated. Even though the cyst was benign (most ovarian cysts, even complex ones, are), my gynecologist removed all my sex organs anyway (uterus, ovaries, tubes). I have been suffering the hormonal and anatomical consequences ever since. He should have removed just the cyst and sewed me back up when the frozen section came back benign.

Hopefully, yours is also benign and if you need surgery, your surgeon will not get carried away. If you are told there's any possibility of cancer, you may want to have a gynecologic oncologist do the surgery.

Closed Thread