It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Yasmin birth control causing lactation?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #1
    hsmith675
    (female)

hsmith675 HB User
    Yasmin birth control causing lactation?

Hi ladies, I've just joined and this is my first post! After being on Microgynom 30 for 2 years I decided to switch to a different birth control because my emotions were all over the place. My doctor prescribed me Yasmin and I'm currently on my second cycle with it. I didn't suffer much spot bleeding thankfully but I have put on a few pounds and my breasts have got slightly bigger. The biggest side effect I have though is that my breasts have started leaking a white milky liquid when stimulated at all! Has anybody else had this? Ive done about 10 super early pregnancy tests over the past 4 weeks and they have all been negative so I'm 100% sure I'm not expecting! When I took my week off my pill for my period to come they stopped producing as much but since taking my second packet they seem to be making more. One breast seems to make more than the other too. I read online that it is actually colostrum, a liquid produced while a woman is pregnant and can also happen as a result of a high prolactin hormone production. I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some insight into this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    birthcontrol, lactating, women, yasmin