It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Cin iii, ascus, cannot rule out iv

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
    whogirl
    (female)

whogirl HB User
    Exclamation Cin iii, ascus, cannot rule out iv

First I was under the impression that there is no CIN IV. But as I was going to a "government" hospital and the fiasco that ensued, I cannot be sure of anything.
    2years ago I had a normal pap. But 3,6,and 7 years ago I was given cryo and leep procedures. In May of 2013 I was told that I have CIN III, ascus, HSIL, with mosaicism, slip. And undetermined etc.

A biopsy was done to remove 3 samples 4 o'clock 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock. This colpo was very long,2+ hours. Immense pain like I had never had before and profuse bleeding. For the last sample the p.a. told me that she would put more of the vinegar solution on and that would help with the pain. ??I am sure she said this as my mother was there and confirmed it. The p.a. was also unable to stop the bleeding. I actually left this place bleeding a substantial amount. My mother also confirmed that they never even used topical lidocaine. The nurse told her that the clinic was "Out Of Lidocaine." Infection followed. When I got the results, 4 weeks later.. I was told that I needed a leep procedure and that they could not rule out CIN 4. The next day they told me they would reschedule my leep in lieu of klonopin and oxycodone scripts for the procedure. I was to pick them up the following day. That morning as I was preparing for the appt. They called again to reschedule and speak to me. They tried talking me into going into General anesthesia. I agreed finally. I prepped for that appt. Just to be rescheduled again.

I have since left the v.a. due to these fiascos. It is now April of 2014 coming upon a year later from my diagnosis. I now have insurance and will be going to a gynecologist at my new physicians behest. I pray this has not advanced further although I am confident that things have gone terribly bad.

Symptoms as of April 2014

Heavy discharge
    Abdominal tenderness, pain, swelling
    Bleeding irregularity
    Cannot have intercourse due to excruciating pain
    Night sweats, nausea, vomiting, weight loss,
    Severe low back pain. And cramping. As well as pain in my thighs.
    Swollen lymph glands,
    Constipation, or diarrhea never "normal"
    Urinary frequency.
    Headaches
    Extreme fatigue
    White blood cell count is "off the charts" according to v.a. no they won't tell me.

I fear that this has progressed to a cancerous condition. My fear stems from the year prior to my diagnosis, I had a clear pap. The next year I was already at CIN III. I was also diagnosed with mosaicism. Am not sure what that represents. My new doctor said she would not even do a pap test, but is sending me straight to a gynecologist within a week of my first appt. with her.
    I wonder now how concerned I should be. I have been searching these and other forums and have found that sometimes it goes away without treatment. Maybe my symptoms could be from something else. I know I should not freak out. But I wonder if I should be concerned at all. The v.a. did not seem too concerned as they were just playing games with this condition.
    Advice and guidance appreciated and welcomed. Need some reassurance and some piece of mind please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
    Erie0385
    Veteran
    (female)

Erie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB User
    Re: Cin iii, ascus, cannot rule out iv

First of all, I feel for ya. I do not wish these kinds of things to anyone. I have been dealing with CIN 111 for 6-7 years now. I can go years with no abnormal results, and then all of a sudden my CIN 1 goes to 111 in a matter of months.

Try not to stress until you see the new gyn. Stress is proven to not help these abnormal cells. Second you may want to consider the possibility of seeing a gynecologist oncologist just because this is reccuring. That's who I have been seeing even though I do NOT have cancer. They are more specialized in dealing with this.

You also don't mention how old you are. Is preserving your fertility important to you? If this has not progressed to cancer, and that is important, you need to let your dr know so they can avoid a hysterectomy at all costs.

If you have any questions please ask! If I can help answer or give advice I am more than willing to.
    12/2012 Arthroscopy, impingement removed with Brostrom-Evans procedure

Old 04-14-2014, 12:13 AM   #3
    whogirl
    (female)

whogirl HB User
    Re: Cin iii, ascus, cannot rule out iv

I am 37 yrs old now. And am not worried about fertility. I am thrilled to be an aunt. But the mother thing isn't for me as I love to travel and spoil my nieces and nephews. The v.a. wanted to do a hysterectomy, but later decided to go back to the leep and cryo. Although it has never helped in the past. I just wish this ordeal was over. A hysterectomy seems the best route now.
    I will be seeing gyno this week and will update as soon as I find out what's going to happen at the appt. Thank you for your concern, and keep fighting. You sound very strong. Sometimes I wish I had that kind of strength. I think I have just lost faith in the medical community.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cancer and nausea, cervical cancer, female health, gynecology