It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Pelvic pain and abnormal menstruation

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
clexplex
(female)

clexplex HB User
Pelvic pain and abnormal menstruation

Hi all-
about three or four weeks ago I began to feel some mild on/off pain in my pelvic area. It mostly on the left but is occasionally felt in the right side or the middle. I also often have a bad sharp pain when I press on my navel but it is usually unnoticeable unless I press. Lower back pain came shortly after, just dull bearable pain, and throughout this whole time I have felt nausea all day every day. I also get bloated in my lower ab area on/off. NONE of this is enough to impair me in any way, the pain doesn't bother me, but I am stressed over not knowing what is causing it. I must mention- I have had vaginal discharge that is white/clear/cloudy depending on the day. It has a foul smell but it isn't particularly strong and I remember seeing that your own discharge naturally smells worse to you? I can't remember if this discharge is abnormal for me though All of this stopped for a week except for the nausea and discharge but then returned.

Now what's REALLY confusing me~ yesterday I got my period. It is on time, but it is unlike anything I've ever had before. I seem to be having the clear discharge still with my period. It is also MUCH lighter than it usually is, and the blood seems to be a lighter color. I haven't had and pelvic cramping like I always do on the first day, but I did have a crampy lower back/ thighs. I did get it at night, though, so I'm thinking I may have just slept them off? And another thing, all of the symptoms listed above are a bit more severe now.

I know I need a doctor, but I am being immature and paranoid, putting my health on the back burner. I am not sexually active, but I did have unprotected oral sex in January (both gave and recieved). I know the risk of contracting an STI in my genital tract from that is very low, but imagine being a young teenage hypochondriac with strict parents who thinks they may have an STI or even PID--I DO NOT want to get in trouble! I tried getting tested at planned parenthood but they wouldn't give me one because they were convinced nothing was wrong with me They did test for a UTI and it's negative.

Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for some insight/support/ideas and whatnot. I am very confused about all of this, especially the odd menstruation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
constant nausea, menstruation, pelvic pain, vaginal discharge