It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Brown discharge for 3 weeks, HELP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
    eaglestriker
    (female)

eaglestriker HB User
    Thumbs down Brown discharge for 3 weeks, HELP

Hi guys
    So 3 weeks ago, I missed a pill (brevinor) and I took it the next morning as per my pills instructions. I skip my period for months at a time using the pill (I haven't had a period for a few months now) and that same day, I started experiencing period symptoms (bloating, cramps, mood swings etc). I also started experiencing a dark brown blood instead of the normal red. It behaved like a normal period, with clots and all that, except it didn't really go away. After a week and a half, it appeared to have stopped but it's just come back again, making it 3 weeks now of experiencing this issue.
    I should mention too that a week prior to missing the pill, I had been having extremely light spotting.

I take my pill at the same time everyday and my partner doesn't ejaculate inside me. Is this just all the built up blood cleaning itself out of me? Is there a way to stop it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Brown discharge for 3 weeks, HELP

Probably since brown blood is simply old blood. Since you continue to take the active pills, you've probably got a lot of build up. You might want to take the week off next time around just to sort things out.

Closed Thread

Tags
    birth control pill, brown discharge, period wont stop