It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Yeast, cytolytic vaginosis, group b strep? I'm out of ideas!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #16
    hone
    (female)

hone HB User
    Re: Yeast, cytolytic vaginosis, group b strep? I'm out of ideas!

Wow... 7 years. I'm glad you finally found an answer. How were you finally diagnosed with VIN? Is there some kinda treatment/are you feeling better now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #17
    misty073
    (female)

misty073 HB User

I finally went to a gyno dr that knew what to look for, he did an acetic acid wash (same as white vinegar) and biopsied areas that turned white. I am still being treated in an ongoing basis. I use aldera cream and get biopsies done when ever areas show up with the wash (about once a year I go to the colposcopy clinic) I just had 4 done a month ago and I am waiting on the results.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #18
    misty073
    (female)

misty073 HB User

It's the same thing that causes abnormal Pap tests (which I have never had one come back abnormal) it just causes the bad cells to be on the vulva instead of the cervix.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #19
    hone
    (female)

hone HB User

Can't believe it took so long for a doctor finally get a clue... doctors don't know anything, it's crazy... So your symptoms were just itchiness? No dryness or discharge or anything? Was the itch entirely external?

Last edited by hone; 06-24-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #20
    bmb1213
    (female)

bmb1213 HB User

Im starting to think I have Cytolytic vaginosis....After months of being misdiagnosed I just got my PH test and I just finished my period and my level is low....I find relief on my heavy days of my period....

Old 06-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #21
    hone
    (female)

hone HB User

What was your pH? I used to feel better during my period too...felt like it kinda reset my balance. Now it seems to make things worse for me.
    If it is in fact CV, there's a lot of interesting info out there as far as treatment. Stuff about doing everything you can to alkalize your body (certain foods, drinking tons of lemon water...), using preseed lube as treatment, etc.!
    Hope you feel better. Please do keep us updated on what you find out.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:55 PM   #22
    bmb1213
    (female)

bmb1213 HB User

It was the lowest it could test at,which is so strange I was still spotting. I took it twice.Today I felt 80% normal. Im doing acupunture/massages every week/vit e/b6/b12/calcium citrate/magnisum/aloe cap/.....It so feels skin related not nerve.I have a Drs appt on wed keep updating on my progress

Old 07-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #23
    travelinggal
    (female)

travelinggal HB User
    Unhappy Re: Yeast, cytolytic vaginosis, group b strep? I'm out of ideas!

I was wondering if you had learned anything new from your doc and if your symptoms have subsided. I too have been experiencing the yeast discharge vaginally. I have had std tests and all came back negative. I have been suffering also with burning and itching rectally. I guess the major difference in our stories is that I am 49 years old and have had a hysterectomy in 1999. My symptoms seem to have been brought on by antibiotics and vaginal atrophy from not using my estrogen cream correctly. I have been battling this for about 5 months now. I too have been following the candida diet but just about 2 months. I am using tea tree suppositories rectally and have used Diflucan, Monistat (several times) Tetrazoline cream, Probiotics the highest capsule dose, and avoiding all sugar, caffeine, bread or wheat and starchy veggies. I seem to get worse after I finally broke down and had a piece of candy last weekend. But i have also been on cephalexin antibiotics cause my latest lab showed strep b bacterial v. Another thing is that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I am not sure but the Methotrexate injections I have once a week may be feeding the Yeast. I've tried going without them but the inflammation makes it impossible. I've also heard that Estrogen may feed the yeast too. But I only do a little vaginal cream 2 to 3 times a week for the vaginal atrophy.
    My gynecologist recommended olive oil for lubrication. I've had to hold off on sex and oral sex now for several weeks and have tried treating my husband too. All this to no avail. I am afraid when I go on vacation soon that I won't be able to eat clean and it will just get worse.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #24
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

I'm interested to know if the "Tea Tree Suppositories" are helping with the Anal Irritation and how often do you use them also is the irritation inside or outside or both,

Solofelix.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #25
    Jl925
    Inactive
    (male)

Jl925 HB User

Hi Hone,
    I got in trouble for mentioning a retail site recently. I hope this isn't a problem mentioning a brand.
    Now makes a 50 billion unit probiotic that works well. When you purchase it should be in the refrigerated case. Also you will need to do the same at home.

Be careful with lubricants as they seem to aggravate the problem.

Lastly, just because your doc says your hormone levels are normal doesn't mean they are optimal. You may need to be in the optimal range to get relief.

1. Your doc should have told you to get your labs drawn on day 21 of cycle.
    2. Permenopausal women should have (on day 21)
    Estradiol at 150 pg/ml
    Progesterone between 13 and 23 ng/ml

landing in the lab's reference range doesn't mean you area healthy. It only indicates that your levels are consistent with 95% of the women that have this test (generally older women and those suspected of illness or those that are ill).

Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #26
    travelinggal
    (female)

travelinggal HB User
    Angry Re: Yeast, cytolytic vaginosis, group b strep? I'm out of ideas!

They started me out with 12 tea tree oil suppositories, 1 a night for 12 nights. I insert them anally even though the box said vaginal suppositories. They do seem to help with the burning somewhat. I have a bowl movement as soon as I get up then shower so at night they are getting more benefit, I suppose. The burning and itching is internal and external, vaginally and anally. After 12 nights the box says you can use them another six days but you can only use them every other night. Not sure after that. i am on the six days now and gonna ask the pharmacist if I can continue using them. My gastro doc says it is a anal yeast infection with very slight chance of a little fissure but he's not even sure of that. I am a little aggravated with him right now cause the first time I saw him for this problem, he barely looked back there (no inner probing at all) and said yep it's a yeast infection. He prescribed cortisone cream and told me that yeast is not affected by the diet so I could eat whatever I wanted. I proceeded with his suggestions cautiously. I didn't go overboard on sugar food or wheat foods but still the itching continued. I went back the other day and asked him if it could be food allergies since he didn't believe diet affected yeast. He shrugged and said that maybe sugar does affect yeast a little. He had no suggestions except scheduled a colonoscopy for August since I am turning 50. I saw a N/P at my gyno that same week and she's the first one to come back with lab results positive for BV. But the cephelaxin they prescribed seems to have made the itching and burning worse. I am very red on my vagina and can't see much on my anal region. They have called in a another tube of the terconazole cream for me to start tonight. I just had that but had started taking the antibiotics so not sure if it's gonna help this time or not. This is so perplexing!!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #27
    Jl925
    Inactive
    (male)

Jl925 HB User

Yeast can't survive long without sugar. You likely have candida intestinal infection that is continuously inoculating your vagina.

Here is a quick way to solve the problem.

For the next 2-4 days:
    Eat only steamed or boiled foods (chicken, fish, meat, vegetables and rice)
    NO FRUIT

After eat fresh fruit, vegetables and animal protein cooked at low temperature.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #28
    travelinggal
    (female)

travelinggal HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Yeast, cytolytic vaginosis, group b strep? I'm out of ideas!

Thanks, I will try that. I've been eating steamed and raw veggies. Only a few berries here and there but very few. I have eaten chicken, fish and steak but no breading and mostly grilled or baked. I will try your suggestion. And see how that goes. I've never boiled fish or chicken before...any suggestions on flavoring or timing?

Old 07-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #29
    bmb1213
    (female)

bmb1213 HB User

My doc prescribed me Elavil and Lyrica and I have been mostly symptom free for a week!!!! He told me after bad infections your brain still sends nerve pain signals to the area and these meds will "retain" it and I have a angry vagina LOLOL.So look into Vulvodynia its a umbrella term and thats what I have. These meds are giving me my life back!!!!its been a long 5 months

Old 07-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #30
    bmb1213
    (female)

bmb1213 HB User

I also take Vit e/a , Calcium citrate,magnisium/potasium/aloe gel caps/zinc/vit b6/b12/grapseed extract...wear white cotton underwear only/ only drink high ph level water/every few days take a aveeno oatmeal bath and Im on a low oxalate diet....hope this helps someone

Closed Thread

Tags
    candida, cytolytic vaginosis, vaginal infections, yeast infection