It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Yeast, cytolytic vaginosis, group b strep? I'm out of ideas!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #31
    travelinggal
    (female)

travelinggal HB User
    Re: Yeast, cytolytic vaginosis, group b strep? I'm out of ideas!

Thanks for the info. I appreciate all the help I can get. Funny thing is that on vacation I tried to be careful for the first couple or three days but my hubby kept saying try a bite of this or that so I did. I had no yeast reaction the until the last day there and it hasn't been as much as before. The anal burning had stopped but is back now. I didn't take my Methotrexate shot that week and still haven't so I wonder how much it has contributed to the problem since I have the autoimmune disease. I did find a lump in my left breast the day we were leaving on vacation. It had started hurting and that's why I found it. That of course could be contributing too. I freaked out at first but then decided I couldn't do anything about it til I got back anyway. So I just put it in God's hands and tried to relax a lot while I was there. I prayed a lot and asked Him to help me not have a yeast reaction while I was there so I'm very grateful that He worked it out. I have an appointment next week to get the lump checked out as well as a vaginal ultrasound and Doctor's consult. I am trying to get back on my Candida diet as I did eat fried fish, birthday cake and some potatoes and chocolate on my vacation. I didn't use my Estrogen cream while I was there either for fear it might have caused the lump. However, my doctor's nurse said to start using it again since it is vaginal cream and shouldn't have caused the lump.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #32
    hone
    (female)

hone HB User

bmb1213, what kind of symptoms were you having? Was it mainly pain/burning or did you have the yucky discharge or what did you experience?
    I've been wondering recently if antidepressants would help me because I wonder if if nothing else my 'yeast' problems could be caused/triggered simply by stress & anxiety. I have seveeeere generalized anxiety disorder and feel that my body expresses the anxiety in different ways that change over time.
    I used to take antidepressants years ago but wasn't happy with them. I wonder if it would help my vagina problems.
    Anyway, I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better. Are things still going well today?

Old 11-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #33
    hone
    (female)

hone HB User

Haven't been on here in awhile (haven't wanted to jinx anything...), just wanna offer some info about what I've been doing in hopes that it'll help someone out there:
    • I basically threw the candida diet out the window after 5 or so months of feeling that it never helped me. I DEF try to seriously limit my sugar intake now, but I do eat fruit freely because I feel that it makes no difference at all. I have started eating chicken (after being vegetarian for 8 years). I don't know if it's made a difference or not.
    • I drink kefir daily, but don't go crazy with it.
    • I have been taking turmeric every day and I think that makes a big difference for me. I realized that one of the periods I had of feeling 100% perfect, I'd been eating a ton of indian food...and then I found that other people w/ yeast problems have also found relief from taking turmeric (one of the main indian spices)! So I've been making indian food a lot and taking turmeric pills too.
    • I've also been taking echinacea every day, which I think makes a bit of a difference too.
    • Most importantly: I talked to a health coach friend of mine, and she recommended drinking a liter of water every day as SOON as I wake up. I've been doing that for about a month or two and I swear, it has made more of a difference than anything. I keep water next to my bed, and drink an entire liter as soon as I wake up and I feel SO much better. Not 100% perfect, but good enough to function.

Hope this helps someone out there. Good luck to all of you. xx

Last edited by hone; 11-16-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #34
    ceaserjm
    (male)

ceaserjm HB User

Wow, as a male I feel out of my league here, but this is something my wife was dealing with, so this topic peaked my interest - I hope you find a 100% cure soon. We've been handling on/off issues with yeast for about 2 years before now. Thankfully we found a good resource which outlined some diet changes which worked for us. I wish you all the best.

Closed Thread

Tags
    candida, cytolytic vaginosis, vaginal infections, yeast infection