It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• There are bumps around my nipples!?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
    c98r17h8
    (female)

c98r17h8 HB User
    There are bumps around my nipples!?

I'm 16 and for awhile I've had these bumps around my nipples... They're most noticeable when my nipples are hard.. but I can still see a couple when they're soft. They make me self conscious and I don't really know if there's anything I can do or if they'll ever go away... What are they though?? I've read that it happens when you get pregnant.. something to do with your mamarary (idk how to spell it) glands... But I'm not pregnant, nor have I ever been... I don't know I'm just confused. I don't know if its a big deal or not...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: There are bumps around my nipples!?

If these are small bumps that look like they are filled with a whitish substance, they are probably Montgomery tubercles, normal oil glands in the areola, the colored portion around the nipple. These glands secrete oil to keep the areola and nipple supple for breast feeding purposes. They are a normal part of the breast, but more prominent in some women than others. Everyone has them, so no need to worry.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
    Renee13
    (female)

Renee13 HB User
    Re: There are bumps around my nipples!?

I have bumps also. I'm 29 years old and them bumps came in handy when I breastfeed my two children. I don't think it is a big deal. I've had them way before I got pregnant with my first child (25 years old). So don't worry. I think what you are talking about is part of being a women. Hope I could help.

Renee

Closed Thread

Tags
    breasts, teen health, wemon, women