It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Painful intercourse, searching for the cause

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
    sc3612
    (female)

sc3612 HB User
    Painful intercourse, searching for the cause

I am a sexually active sixteen year old female. Please don't bother telling me your opinions on the morality of my sexual activity, I am here to seek help.

There are many confusing twists to my situation and I am feeling very lost about what to do. The problem I am having is pain during sex. I only feel pain when the penetration is deep. It feels like my cervix is being hit and it is a dull pressured pain. usually I will let my partner know if its hurting and we will readjust positions and keep going. The pain is only lasts while it is being hit.

I have done a lot of research into possible causes to this problem. I visited my gynecologist and shared my problem and he really just dismissed it. His attitude was more of well you're 16 just stop having sex. I am concerned that this may be a serious problem. He did suggest it could be endometriosis and told me I would have to have a surgery and have my uterus checked out in order to diagnose it. The surgery was far too expensive and I felt doubtful because I wasn't experiencing any of the other symptoms.

Another possible caused I have looked into is this "sensitive cervix". I've heard of some women who have the same pain with deep penetration but it is usually accompanied by bleeding. I do not bleed with the pain. This may be due to the fact that my bleeding is extremely irregular. I had a nexplanon implant inserted a year ago and bleed straight for five months and now bleed for irregular intervals a few weeks on a few weeks off. I have considered the thought that it may be my implant causing this problem but i only had sex twice before the implant and of course it is usual for sex to be a bit uncomfortable the first few times. I cant remember whether it was this specific pain I experienced then or not. I am not willing to have my implant removed until i rule out other options.

The last plausible cause i have found is a estrogen defiency in my body causing my vagina to not be as elastic and stretchable as it should be. I have read that even though i have extra estrogen coming from my birth control implant I could still be lacking a specific type of estrogen that could be the source of this. I've heard this could be caused by a high stress life, which seems to fit the bill.

I know with 100% certainty that this is not an STD or infection. i have been with only two partners and both were clear of any STDs and the sex was protected.

I guess if you've managed to read all this my question is where do i go from here? Has anyone heard of or suffered from any of these? How do i go about finding the cause of my problem or ruling out some of these options? Any and all help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2014, 03:40 AM   #2
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
    Re: Painful intercourse, searching for the cause

Hi so sorry you are going thru this. I don't know much about it but I believe I've read you could be on the smaller size. Not as deep but of course I'm no dr. If it were me and I have found it to be much more comfortable discussing things is to get another opinion but with a female gynecologists. I have found it is like night and day switching.

Also you seem to be pretty smart I'm sure you have checked out lubrication. Even though that kinda isn't the issue here.

Let us know what happens. Best of luck cathy

Closed Thread

Tags
    cervix, endometriosis, estrogen, painful intercourse