It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Heavy Abnormal Bleeding and Blood Clots?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
    rrobin
    (female)

rrobin HB User
    Heavy Abnormal Bleeding and Blood Clots?

In January I had polyps removed and an IUD put in. There haven't been any issues until now. Tuesday evening/early Weds morning (about 5 days ago on the 15th) I noticed some breakthrough bleeding. My period had just ended on the 6th. It continued on and I started to have some slight cramping so I called my doctor and got an appointment. He took a look and said my IUD seemed a little lower than usual (that was Thursday). I made an appointment for an ultrasound and thought everything was ok. My bleeding was getting heavier and heavier, but a regular tampon managed it. In the afternoon I was out and I stood up and apparently I had bled through my tampon and underwear and it was coming down my leg. I called my doctor and they said keep and eye on it and if it continued to be like that or if it was a pad an hour go to the hospital. But it seemed to slow down. Today, however, it seems I have been clotting even more. And I just felt what I thought was a really large gush of blood, I went to the restroom and it was a huge blood clot. About an inch or so long and it wasn't flat nor did it just fall apart when I grabbed it with a tissue. What should I do? Has anyone experienced something similar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: Heavy Abnormal Bleeding and Blood Clots?

That sounds so much like what happened to me when I had my fibroid. The gushing and big clots are very tell tale signs of a fibroid. I think you need to get back to your doctor for a sonohystogram to find out whether you have a fibroid and make sure you make your doctor keep an eye on your blood levels. Incidentally, I had the Mirena IUD at the time when this happened and at some point it fell out because they couldn't find it with an Xray or with ultrasound. I have another IUD now without the fibroid and without the polyps and it has been working a lot better this time around.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
    rrobin
    (female)

rrobin HB User

Yeah, I had polyps removed but only in January. It seems crazy something could have grown back this quickly. Did you have cramping? Or other symptoms? Thanks for the reply!

Old 07-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I don't remember a lot of cramping because the heavy bleeding was so bad, it was like I was bleeding to death. So, for me, that was the part I remember the most. I'm sure I had a little cramping, just I remember thinking at the time that it was a lot less cramps than what I thought it would be given how much I was bleeding.

Closed Thread

Tags
    menstrual, polyps, uterus, women's health

« Help Please | Cin 1 »