It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Cipro associated with Vaginal Pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
    koreamgirl
    (female)

koreamgirl HB User
    Cipro associated with Vaginal Pain?

About a week ago I took Cipro 500 mg for 5 days for a mild infection (treated like a UTI) because I had an urgency to go and it hurted a little. The day after I was off the antibiotics, I started getting short, sharp vaginal pains. At first they seemed random but not it seems to happen after I am finished using the restroom and then after awhile the pain goes away.

Because of that, I took a urine test and a blood test but all results came out normal. I won't be able to see a GYN until September because they are all booked. Like I said, it is only vaginal pain on the inside and I only get it awhile after I pee then it eventually goes away.

Has anyone had similar issues and think it might have to do with the Cipro even if it's been a week since I am off it? I did some research and do you think I should take probiotics like Nature's Way Primodophilus Reuteri? I am starting to eat yogurt and drinking Cranberry Juice also. Or since it has to do with after I am peeing, do you think it might have to do with my urethra?

It's frustrating to have normal results but there still being something wrong with me, so I'd appreciate it if I get some answers. Thanks!

Last edited by koreamgirl; 08-12-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Cipro associated with Vaginal Pain?

I think the cipro just killed all the good bacteria and so you're having a reaction to that. The probiotics should help. if not, call your doctor back as there is a scrip that can give you (forget what it's called)

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    koreamgirl (08-13-2014)
    Old 08-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
    koreamgirl
    (female)

koreamgirl HB User

Titchou, thanks for replying. Do you recommend any probiotics I could get? Oh, and do you mean I can get a prescription for a probiotic?

Last edited by koreamgirl; 08-12-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #4
    koreamgirl
    (female)

koreamgirl HB User

Also, does anyone know if Apple Cidar Vinegar works as a possible remedy?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:16 AM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No, it's not a probiotic scrip. Some doctors will automatically give women that med - whatever it's called - whenever they give them certain antibiotics so that this doesn't happen. And i have no idea about the ACV.

koreamgirl (08-13-2014)
    Old 08-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
    koreamgirl
    (female)

koreamgirl HB User

Oh okay, I will try looking for probiotic drinks or yogurt with extra in them. The pains don't seem to come as often so hopefully you're right in saying that I just had a reaction to the Cipro. My mom still had me make an appointment with a gynecologist just to double check. Thanks for the help!

Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
    koreamgirl
    (female)

koreamgirl HB User

Also, I noticed that when I'm showering, I feel the sharp pains more and they last longer. I don't take bubble baths and always use soap free body wash, and this only started happening when I got the sharp pains. Could that be part of having a reaction to the Cipro as well?

Old 08-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I don't have any idea if that's a part of it.

koreamgirl (08-15-2014)
    Old 08-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #9
    koreamgirl
    (female)

koreamgirl HB User

Oh okay, well hopefully the gynecologist will be able to find out or hopefully it goes away. Thanks again for the help!

Closed Thread

Tags
    cipro, probiotic, vaginal pain