It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Scared to use MetroGel - advice?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
adchick99
(female)

adchick99 HB User
Scared to use MetroGel - advice?

I've been diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis (heavy growth according to my lab results) and prescribed MetroGel.

Backstory: I've had what was first diagnosed as an external groin yeast infection...then after 2 months of taking diflucan, nystatin and oxistat with no real relief ...GYN finally ran culture for BV - which was highly positive. I thought I had no symptoms of BV - my symptoms have been irritation/extreme redness and itching of the outside vaginal & Anal skin. No odor, no discharge and no internal vaginal symptoms.

I'm so nervous to use Metrogel bc I've been battling this skin irritation on my outside vaginal area for 2 months....will metrogel burn, hurt or cause further irritation?

I feel like I'm being a big baby but after suffering for 2 months I want relief , but don't want to risk getting more itching or a yeast infection (which ive read is a side effect of Metrogel)...

Any advice? Please advise...

Last edited by adchick99; 08-19-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Correct subject

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
angel143
(female)

angel143 HB User
Re: Scared to use MetroGel - advice?

I don't think metro gel would irritate the area. when i had bv the vaginal area was really sensitive and i remember as soon as metro gel touched it, i felt a sense of relief. metro gel should really help if you don't have chronic repeating BV. but as you're taking it i would supplement with a probiotic. metrogell will kill the bad bacterial but also the good bacteria. u need the good bacteria in your body, so take a probiotic.. i would recommend NATURE'S WAY Primadophilus Optima Max Potency. take one with each meal while you're on metro gel. and once you're off just take one a day with food.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacterial vaginosis (bv), metrogel, yeast infection