It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Vaginitis seemingly invincible

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
    Wholecloth
    (female)

Wholecloth HB User
    Lightbulb Vaginitis seemingly invincible

I just went through a year long ordeal after a weekend in a hot tub. I have always been healthy. This message is for those of you who have tried "everything" to rid yourself of undefined vaginal irritation. I went to gynecologists and dermatologists. Used diflucan, monistat, lotrisone, terconazol, sitz baths, douches, metrondiazole, clobetasol, nystatin, boric acid, vitamin E, etc...........continued to have symptoms of raw, irritated vaginal membranes. Wore only skirts.
    I was given conflicting diagnoses and treatments. First it was candida and treated conventionally but symptoms persisted. Had numerous tests and biopsy all came back negative.
    How did I finally help myself? I got off all the candida treatments which were all causing inflammation and damage to the sensitive skin. Used very mild sitz bath with oatmeal just to soothe the skin and give it time to begin healing. Used low dose Estrace cream to fortify the vaginal membranes. Very low dose clobetasol. Use daily Ultimate Flora Vaginal Probiotic. Swam in the ocean, nature's healer.
    It took the entire summer, but I'm no longer suffering and have resumed normal sex life.
    What may help you: probiotics, estrace, ocean water, calendula/comfrey ointment from Herbalist and Alchemist, mild sitz bath with apple cider vinegar or oats. Try and see if any of these work for you. The overkill treatments may be injuring you and not healing you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    candida, chronic, estrace, treatment, vaginitis