It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Help!!! Menopause, bleeding, fibroids?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
    Aleosha
    (female)

Aleosha HB User
    Help!!! Menopause, bleeding, fibroids?

I've been in 'official' menopause confirmed by blood tests, etc. for almost a year and then I suddenly started bleeding. And this is not a little spotting, this is full on period-like bleeding that's lasted for several days already and is not stopping! My doctor did an ultrasound and said I have fibroids, but I've known this for a while. He said they have not changed. He also checked my blood levels and said I'm still in menopause. So of course I'm freaking out, wondering what this could be. I did do some exercise that included jumping about a day before the bleeding started but not sure this could've somehow 'dislodged' or aggravated the fibroids?

If anyone has experienced anything similar, please let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Help!!! Menopause, bleeding, fibroids?

First of all, as long as you have your ovaries, you could have a bleed - menopausal or not. And fibroids just add to the chances. All sounds pretty normal to me. What plan do you have for the fibroids?

Old 10-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
    Aleosha
    (female)

Aleosha HB User

I didn't think it was normal to bleed after menopause? My doctor wants to do a hysteroscopy to look at the fibroids closer and see the exact source of bleeding...He always said he just wanted to watch them. It's just so strange to have full-on bright red bleeding after a year of no periods!

Old 10-09-2014, 04:04 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

My doctor told me that so I believe her. And since you have fibroids, it's wise to check them out. It's probably them that are causing this.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
    Aleosha
    (female)

Aleosha HB User

I did have the hysteroscopy with D&C and the bleeding stopped right after the procedure. That seems very odd to me but wondering if it's normal?

Closed Thread

Tags
    bleeding, fibroids, menopause